Chapter 30

Zach's POV:

Oakley has more cancer. This time in her chest. It broke me. I wanted to cry but I didn't want Oakley see me crying. She cried already. We are now on our way home; we are almost home. Oakley is asleep in the passenger seat.

We pull in the driveway and it late so I make sure that I don't wake anybody up. I got out of the car and I walked over towards the passenger side and I opened the door and Oakley woke up just a little bit and I unbuckled her seatbelt for her and I carried her inside. I walked up to my room and layed her  on my bed.

I shut the door quietly and walk downstairs. I see my mom in the freezer pulling out a tub of ice cream. I have a seat at the island and put my hands into my face while my elbows are resting on the counter.

"What's wrong, honey?" My mom asked me, scooping out her a bowl of ice cream.

"Oakley." I mumbled into my hands.

"What about her?" I could hear the sorrow and worry in her voice.

"Mom?" I finally took my hands off my face, wiping a couple tears away. "She has more cancer and this time it's in her chest."

My mom walked around the island and hugged me. I hugged her back and cried on herr shoulder for about five minutes. I wanted to be strong for Oakley, but right now, I couldn't.

We are heading back to L.A in two days. I don't know how she'll make it back there okay. But, we'll go by day by day.

I walked back upstairs and I seen that Oakley was sprawled across the bed. She was so cute. I grabbed a pair of basketball shorts and a plain white t-shirt and went to the bathroom. I got a shower and changed intok my clothes that I got. After that, I walked to my bed and made a little room for me to lay down on my bed. I got underneath the covers with Oakley and I cuddled up against her........ I fell asleep peacefully.

*morning around 8:30*

Oakley hasn't awoken yet. Today is halloween, so my family dresses up as a theme. This year is super heroes. Mom is super woman, Ryan is Batman, Reese is Cat woman, and I am captain America. Mom thought that it would be cute if Oakley was miss America.

I walk over to the side of the bed and wake up Oakley. She is laid there, looking so tiny and pale. She isn't doing well, I know that and she knows that. I also know that the type of cancer that they have yet to have a cure for. She's strong though. I have faith she can make it. 

I sit beside her and shake her shoulder a little bit and she groans and turns to the other side. I shake her shoulder once more and she wakes up this time. She flips over and faces me. 

"I'm not gonna make it." She said with tears welling up in her eyes. "It hurts too much."

"You'll make it. Your strong." I said back to her, kissing her forehead.

"No."

"Yes. You have too. You have me, Jack, Clara, Your mom, my mom, my siblings, and all the guys who care for you and who love you." 

"My mom doesn't love me."

She got up off the bed and grabbed her clothes and went to the bathroom to change. She didn't seem to mind about her not having her wig on. She came back with a black 'why don't we' sweatshirt and blue denim shorts on with a scarf wrapped around her head covering it up. she looked unfazed by everything. 

"So, today is Halloween; my family is going trick-or-treating as superheroes. I'm gonna be Captain America. My mom thought that it would be cute if we went as Miss America. That's if you want to go." I finally spoke.

"Yeah, sure. That sounds like fun. What time will we be leaving."

"Around 6:30 ish."

"Okay."

"Don't forget, we're going back to L.A. tomorrow."

"I know."