Chapter 16

Zach's POV

"I like what you did with your hair." I say to Oakley, sitting on the island like nothing has changed.

"Thanks, I needed a change." Oakley said.

"Why did you need a change?" I asked her.

"I just did. To help with my confidence I guess." She said quietly.

I walked up to her, still sitting on the island on her phone texting someone. When I finally reached her it felt like ages but it wasnt even a single minute.

"Hey, can I talk to you outside, privately?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She responded happily.

She hopped off the counter and we began walking towards the two glass sliding doors that led to the outside. I opened the door letting her walk outside first; I walked out behind her. We walked over towards the trees, (We built a tree house place about 5 months ago and it has a zip line attached to it and it drops into the pool.) And we climbed up into the tree house and she sat on the blow up mattress and I sat beside her.

She just looked at me with a confused look.

"What did you wanna talk about?" She speaks after a minute of silence.

"Umm...what...umm...what is happening?" I spoke back.

"Wha t do you mean?"

"What's happening?"

"I still don't know what you mean. Is this about my hair? I can change it if you don't like it."

"No.....its not about your hair."

"Then what is it about?"

She still looked confused. She doesn't understand how much I care for her. I never apologized to her. She means the world to me.

"What's happening to us?"  I finally ask her, trying my hardest not to cry.

"Nothing is happening to us. We are perfect."

"I never apologized for the other night. I'm sorry. I really am."

"It's fine."

"No, it's not, I shouldn't have said any of that."

"You just said that Jack likes me and I already knew he did."

"You did?"

" Yeah."

"Then why aren't you dating him?"

"Cause."

"Because why?"

"Because I met someone better than him. And he's like my brother and I can't date my brother, that's weird."

She said that and I just kept looking at her. She made me wanna laugh but I was still sad.

" Zach, to be honest, on my first day here I met someone. Someone who changed my life for the better. Someone who cares about me more than ever. Someone who hopefully love me as much as I love them."

I could only think of her seeing someone else. I only thought of her with someone else. I was about to cry but I held it back.

"Who?" I said while my voice was cracking.