Chapter 42

Oakley's POV:

On the way to the hospital, I texted Zach.

To: Babe
- Hey babe. I'm on my way to the hospital, I'm not feeling well. Jack is taking me and I'll be fine so don't worry. I love you. By the way.... Happy New Year!

Zach texted me back immediately. He was always on his phone.

From: Babe
- What do you mean not feeling well?
- How am I supposed to not worry?
-I love you too.
- Happy New Year as well.

To: Babe
- My ribs and my head hurt. My stomach also hurts a little bit. But, I'm fine. I'll be fine.

I guess that he was spending time with his family because after that he didn't reply for awhile.

Currently, I am sitting in a room in the hospital with Jack. I'm lying on the bed, already changed in the hospital dress/shirt. Jack is sitting in a chair beside me. We've been talking about random stuff; trying to avoid the fact that we're in the hospital on New Years. I know this isn't how Jack wanted t spend it but, we've gotta deal with it. we stopped talking for a couple minutes and the room was silent.

"So, how long have you been hurting?" Jack asked me, breaking the silence.

"Not that long." I said trying to avoid this conversation.

"Oakley, I know you. Tell me the real answer."

"That is the real answer. Can we not talk about this? I'm kinda tired." I rolled over to my side, facing Jack. I closed my eyes and I could still feel him looking at me.

I fell asleep within minutes. When I wake up, I wanna feel better.