Chapter 27

Oakley's Pov:

Jack needs to wake up today. But, I have to think about the good about today. Today, I get to spend the whole day with my sister and my wonderful boyfriend.

I walked down the steps and went into the kitchen and I could smell the bacon that was cooked and the pancakes. I saw Zach reach up in the cabinet and get two plates down. He handed one to me and smiled. We each put a pancake and two pieces of bacon on our plates. After we got finished putting the food on our plates, we walked over to the table and ate our breakfast. Everyone was talking and I sat at the empty seat beside Clara. Zach sat down beside his mom and brother.

"So, I'm gonna take Clara and Oakley out today." Zach said.

"Well, that's good. Where are you all going?" Myta said.

"Umm, I don't know yet. But, I'm gonna do something." He said back, filling his mouth with pancakes.

"Okay." Myta said laughing which made all of us laugh.

"Okay, well we better get going. Mom can I have the keys?" He asked getting up and putting his dishes in the sink. Then grabbing the keys off the key hanger on the wall.

I got up as well and placed my dishes in the sink. Clara was still eating and we let her finished before we left. She had a piece of bacon left over. And she stood up and Myta told her to leave her dish on the table and she will deal with it.

"Thanks for breakfast. It was really good." I said to Myta.

"You're welcome, sweety."She got up and hugged Zach and then me and then Clara. " Be good and have fun."

We left the house and got in the car. Zach was driving, I was in the passenger, and Clara was in the back seat. Zach turned on music and of course it was Why Don't We. Clara and I started to sing/scream. Zach was laughing at us and singing along too. He was the only one who was actually singing. When the song got finished I turned down the volume.

"Where are we going?" I said turning my head to look at Zach.

"Somewhere." He said smiling at me and then looking back at Clara, who started laughing.

"Where is somewhere?"

"Narnia?"

"That's no where near here."

"Could be."

"You're such an idiot." I said laughing at him .

"Aye, I take offense to that."

"But, you're my idiot." I leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek. I turned the music back on and we all started singing once again. A couple minutes later, Zach pulled into a parking lot and it revealed the town park. It was so beautiful with all the kids playing and the parents watching. I never had that when I was little, mainly because I was always with Jack.

We all got out of the car and Clara headed straight for the swings. They were her favorite. They are my favorite too. I walked to the front of the car, where Zach was already standing and I grabbed his hand, linking our fingers together and we walked over towards the swings. I sat down beside Clara and Zach stood behind Clara. He started pushing her while I sat on the swing watching her go back and forth.

"So, why did you do this?" I asked him looking up at him.

"Because." He said looking back down at me and laughing at Clara who was giggling and still swinging on the swing.

"Because?"

"Because I can."

"Oakley, swing with me." Clara said interrupting Zach and I.

I began walking backwards and picking up my feet to start swinging. I started pumping my legs back and forth. Zach came up behind me and started pushing which caused me to laugh. He started laughing too. Clara jumped off the swings while swinging. She was always a dare-devil. It was just us now at the park. Clara ran over to the monkey bars and started climbing up them.  Zach walked over to the swing that Clara left and started swinging. We became in sync with each other.

"Grab my hand." Zach said to me reaching his hand out for me to grab, and I did.

"Why?"

"Cause we're gonna jump at the same time."

"No Zach! I have never jumped off a swing and I'm not gonna start today."

"Come on. It'll be fun."

"No, I can't."

"Why? Clara just did it."

"Clara doesn't have to worry about her hair falling off her head or getting hurt and gasping for breath. Neither do you, but I do."

"Oh, I forgot. I'm sorry."

"Don't."

"Don't what?"

"Don't feel sorry. Don't say sorry. I don't need anyone to feel sorry for me." I let go of his hand. I stopped my swing and started walking towards Clara who was sitting on top the monkey bars. I climbed up and sat beside her on top of them. I looked over towards Zach. He was still on the swing.

"Zach, come here!" Clara yelled.

Zach got up and walked over towards the monkey bars. Clara started scooting to the edge of the monkey bars with her legs hanging off the side.

"Catch me!" She exclaimed.

"Okay." He stood in front of her with his hands out, ready to catch her. " Ready? Set. Jump!" Clara jumped into his arms and started laughing. He caught her without a single part of her body touching the ground until he let her down.

"Your turn sissy!" Clara said excitedly.

"No, Zach can't catch me."

"He just caught me. He can catch you."

"I can get down by myself." I said while sliding off.

I looked at Zach and he was tickling Clara and she was giggling. I started laughing at Clara because her laugh made me wanna laugh. When I was laughing my chest kind of hurt a little bit. I raised my hand up to my chest trying to not get Zach's or Clara's attention. Clara was now on the ground having a laughing fit. She finally stopped laughing and Zach helped her up.

"Come on. We're going somewhere else." Zach says looking at me and then picking up Clara and putting her up on his shoulders.