Chapter 69

Jack's POV:

Zach is staying at my house for a few days because he wants to visit.

I'm waiting at the airport for him to arrive. I haven't seen him in a while and I honestly miss him. He's like a little brother to me.

I spot him walking and looking down at his phone that was in his right hand and his luggage in his left hand, rolling beside him. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and u pull it out to see a text from him.

I respond to him and look upl to see him walking towards me. When he approaches me we hug.

We talk a little bit then walk to my car. He put his luggage in the trunk and sat in the passenger seat.

"So, how have you been?" I asked breaking silence that was between us.

"Good."

"How's the twins?"

"They're good. They got into a big argument a few days before I left and Oakley wouldn't talk to Tyler at all."

"Really? Why?"

"We found out that Tyler was lying and keeping stuff away from us."

"Oh."

"Yeah. But, they are fine now. Clara came over and talked to them and made them talk or whatever she did."

"She works her magic."

We started laughing.

"Yeah. You wouldn't believe how much she acts like her sister."

"Really? Usually siblings are different then each other."

"I think that because Oakley isn't around anymore, Clara wants to live up to Oakley. If that makes sense."

"Yeah it does."

We talked all the way back to my house.
As soon as Zach walked in the door, Lylla came running down the stairs.

"Uncle Zach!" She screamed. "I haven't seen you in forever. I missed you." She attacked him in a hug.

"I've missed you too." Zach chuckled.

"Alright Lylla, give Zach some space or at least a little bit more room to get in through the door." I was laughing at her excitement.

"Sorry." She stopped hugging him and backed away to give him space.

"It's fine Lylla." Zach smiled.

I let Zach and Lylla talk so they could catch up with each other. Lylla really missed him, she looked up to him more than anyone she has ever known. I don't know why but she does.

I walked upstairs to go get Chris to tell him that Zach was her. I knocked on his door and a few seconds later he opened it.

"Zach is downstairs. Why Don't you come say hi to him? I know that he really missed you." I said to him, watching him sit back on his bed.

"What if I did miss him?" He argued back.

"Christopher!"

"What?" He rolled his eyes.

"Are you serious? What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing. I just didn't miss him."

"When you're done being an ass, you can come down."

"How am I being an ass?"

"Watch your mouth."

"What? You can cuss but I can't? How is that fair?"

"You are sixteen. And I'm your father. I tell you what to do. Not the other way around."

I walked back downstairs to where Lylla and Zach were. I was still frustrated with Christopher.

I don't understand why he is acting like this. He's usually not like this.

Zach and Lylla were talking about Oakley and Tyler. Lylla adored them, she looked to them as well.

I needed to get Zach alone so I could talk to him about Lylla's fifteenth birthday party. I needed to see if they would like to come up. They have never missed a birthday of my kids. They were always there.

Gabbie is on her way home from work so I'll wait to talk to him until she gets home.

Zach left a little while ago to visits Oakley. He asked me if I wanted to go with him but, I honestly knew that he wanted to go by himself.

Zach's POV:

"I'm staying at Jack's for a little while so I could come see you. Oakley and Tyler are still back at the house. I kind of wanted to visit you in my own. I miss you, I really do." I chuckled cause I had nothing else to do. A tear slipped down my face. "You know, everyone is telling me to find someone new, and grow together with them. But, every time I've tried to do that, God wants to take them away from me. I don't understand why he does that, I never will but, if he wouldn't have taken you, I wouldn't have found Chloe and I wouldn't have my kids. I mean, yeah, we would've had kids together but, I probably wouldn't have twins. And their names wouldn't be Oakley Nickole and Tyler Paxton."

I was looking down at Oakley's grave. There was flowers layed acrossed the bottom of the headstone that I bought for her.

I could still feel the same way that I felt years ago every time that I would come talk to her before.  Although its been a couple years since I've came up to see her, nothing has changed. A couple more graves were dug and people were buried in them but, other than that, nothing has changed.

The same cold wind chill was there. The same eerie feeling was there. Everything was the same.

"I miss you every single day of my life. I think about you all the time. I don't think I could have made it through life without you. I still remember that day when Jack face timed you, asking if you could come visit. Little did we all know back then that you would have been living with us."

This is the end of the story. I hoped you enjoyed it. <3

I'm writing more stories beyond this one if you would like to read them.