Chapter 39

Jack's POV:

It's new years eve and Oakley is flying in today. I'm so excited to see her. There is presents that my family and I have gotten her for Christmas that are still under our tree that we have yet to take down.

*at airport*

Oakley should be landing at 12:45pm. It is currently 12:15pm. I'm sitting at the airport impatiently waiting for Oakley. Gosh, I really do miss her. A LOT.

I keep looking at my phone. 12:20pm. 12:24pm. 12:27pm. Time needs to go by a little quicker. I got on Twitter to make time seem like it would go by a little quicker.

@JackAveryMusic
-can time go by just a little quicker for a few minutes then go back to normal?

Immediately my phone blew up with likes, and retweets, but mostly comments.

Replying To: @ JackAveryMusic
@whydon'twe12: for What?

@zachHerron4ever: can we? That's be great.

@Zoakley<3: never

@Mrs.jackrobertavery: for????

I checked the time once again. 12:35pm. Ten more minutes. Just ten more minutes. Well, more than ten minutes because she lands at 12:45 and she has to unload and grab her luggage and all that. So more like twenty minutes. Ugh. Why do I miss her so much?

I get on Instagram and I liked a couple photos and posted a picture of me and Oakley. I captained it I don't think I can miss you any more than what I do right now. This is the longest time we have ever been apart. Besides that week that I first moved to L.A. but, this has been longer than a week.

*flashback*

We were standing in my room "arguing" because I had to leave for a chance in a music program for school. That was before I was in a band or even had a clue about being in a band.

"Oakley, it's just four days." I said to her hugging her.

"So?"

"I have to go. It'll only be four days you'll be okay. I promise. It'll go by really fast. We can FaceTime and text each other the whole time."

"That's not enough. You're gonna be gone for crying out loud!"

"Oakley, you are gonna be fine! I promise!"

"Four days Jack!" She flopped down on her back on my bed and covered her face with her hands.

"Oakley." I sat beside her and took her hands off her face. "It'll be okay. We've been separated for a whole week before, now all of a sudden you can't do four days?"

She looked at me with her sweet eyes that were glossed over with the water from tears. She was a stubborn child too, so it wasn't gonna be easy getting out of her not being mad at me.

"Jack. It's just... I'm just gonna miss you."

"I'm not leaving forever. Only for a few days."

"My dad used to always say that he wasn't leaving forever when he had to go on business trips, and he did leave forever. Along with my brother."

"But I'm not your father or your brother. You know, have you ever though about it."

"What are you talking about?"

"Maybe our friendship was a way of God giving you another protecter and best friend beside your dad and brother before he had the chance to meet them."

*end of flashback*

My phone lit up and it revealed the time and a text from Oakley.

Oakley Mae❤:
Where are You? I can't find you.