Chapter 25

Oakley's POV:

We began eating lunch and everyone kept asking Clara and I questions about our family. I told them about my father and brother. I told them about my mom pushing me away. I told them about how I basically lived with Jack when she met Clara's dad. I also told them how he didn't like me very much and still doesn't.

When I got finished I looked at Zach. He looked disappointed. He got up from his chair and left the room. He didn't come back for about 5 minutes and I walked up to his room to see if he was there. He was. He was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. I walked up to him and sat next to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. He looked at me, it looked like he'd been crying. His eyes were red and kind of swollen.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked me wiping away the single tear that fell from his face.

"I.... I...... I don't know." I looked at him. I didn't like him crying or being mad. I feel like he's a little mixed of both feelings towards me right now.

"How do you not know?"

"What would you like me to say? Oh hey, by the way, I have a dead father. Along with my father, is my dead brother." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"No. I'm sorry, I was just shocked I guess. I just feel like...... you didn't tell me a big part of your life. I want to know everything about you." He said and then hugged me. He hugged me and it felt like I was home. Not home with my family but, like I felt safe, secure, and loved. I haven't felt that way since the last time I hugged Jack. I miss him but, right now I'm with Zach and his family.

Clara entered the room and she looked as though she was crying. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were pink.

"What's wrong?" I said to her releasing my hug from Zach.

"I miss mommy." She said to me. I knelt down to where I was eye level with her.

"You're going home tomorrow. You'll see her then."

"No,I won't daddy took me away from her. We left the day after you did."

"What?"

"I haven't seen her since." She said as I pickled her up and hugged her.

This made me angry but yet sad. I thought that if I left that it would be better for them. I thought they would get along better. My sister can't grow up without a mother. I'm not gonna let Clara go through the same thing as I did growing up.