Chapter 24

Oakley's POV:

*3 hours later*

I woke up to a sleeping Zach. His phone was in his hand and his mouth was open. I grabbed my phone off of the table that was beside the bed. I checked it for the time and to see if Jack was doing okay. 10:30am. No messages from any of the guys. No messages from Jack. Nothing. Zach sees me and grabs my phone out of my hands and put it by his side. He sat up and kisses me, softly.

"Don't." He said laying back down,patting his chest for me to lay back down on him. "Let's go back to sleep."

I layed down on him and he started playing with my hair. Even though it wasn't my hair. I forget sometimes that I have Leukemia but, I know deep down that I'm not like a normal person.

I closed my eyes but, I never really fell asleep though. I don't think Zach did either.
A couple minutes later I heard the door open, I opened my eyes and saw Reese.

"Mommy wants you." She said to Zach.

"What does she want?" He asked her back as I began to sit up. He sat up too and got off the bed and picked up Reese and walked downstairs with her over his shoulder.

I grabbed my phone to see if I had any messages from the boys or from Jack even though its only been about ten minutes. A lot could happen within ten minutes. I clicked the power button that was on the side of my phone and it revealed a picture of me and Zach. No messages, again. I just want him to be okay.

I layed my phone down as Zach was entering the room. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and gave him a questioned look. He grabbed his wallet off of his dresser,grabbed his phone and then mine, and then he grabbed my hand. I got up and followed him.

"Where are we going?" I asked him laughing, as we were walking down the steps of his house.

"You'll see. Just slip these on." He said handing me his Nike slides.

I slipped them on and he grabbed my hand again and covered my eyes with his other hand and walked me to his backyard.

" Zach?! Where are we going?"

"You'll see. It's a surprise."

"I don't like surprises."

"You'll like this one."

We kept waking a few more steps and he uncovered my eyes. My eyes had to get adjusted to the outside light and it revealed my little sister, Clara.

I ran up to her and hugged her so tight and whirled her around. She had long red hair and a freckled face. She was wearing a baby pink shirt with blue shorts on. She's ten years old. We have different fathers but, we have the same mother.

When I was ten my mother got married to Clara's dad. I never liked him, I still don't. But, if it wasn't for him I wouldnt have a little sister. Clara, means everything to me. But, when I was little her father told me that the right thing too do would to stay away from her as much as possible and my mother didn't care because she had a little baby to take care of. I stayed at Jack's most nights so I wasn't ever home. My mom didn't care and my stepfather didn't either. But, Jack's parents did.

I turned around to face Zach and I seen him and his family standing, watching me and Clara.

"How'd you know?" I asked Zach walking up to him and hugging him.

"Jack." They all said which caused me to laugh.

"Let's go inside and eat lunch. You two slept all morning and didn't eat breakfast." Mrs. Herron said.

I picked up Clara and held her against my side and carried her inside, walking behind Reese and Ryan. Zach was holding my hand that wasn't holding onto Clara.

"Thank you." I said to him giving him a kiss on the lips.

"Ew." Clara said interrupting us, and we began laughing.

"What? You wanna kiss too?" Zach asked Clara.

" No way. Boys have cooties."

"Oh, Clara. You have a lot to learn my friend." I said to her and then looking at Zach, laughing.