Chapter 28

Zach's Pov:

Before we left I saw Oakley put her hand on her chest. I hope she's okay. She acted like she didn't want me to see, so I didn't say anything. It was hard not too.

We got in the car and drove to the dairy shack. The dairy shack is basically like dairy queen but it's a family owned place.

"Where are we going?" Oakley asked me, changing my thought that was on my mind.

"To get ice cream." I said looking at her then looking at Clara, who was sitting in the backseat, through my rear view mirror.

"Zach! We literally just had breakfast not even two hours ago!" Oakley said excitedly.

"And your point is?" I asked her, sarcastically.

"Yeah, I like ice cream!" Clara screamed excitedly.

We pulled into the parking lot and we all got out. I was the first person at the door so, being a nice gentleman, I held the door open for Oakley and Clara.

We sat at a booth and a waitress came; she told us her name and gave us menus. I read the menus deciding on wether or not I want something new or something that I always get.

"What are you all getting?" I asked looking at Oakley and Clara who were sitting across from me.

"Chocolate waffle cone!" Clara said.

Oakley just looked at me and smiled and loomed back down. "What are you getting, Zach?"

"I don't know. Maybe something new or maybe something that I always get."

"What do you usually get?" Oakley looked up at me setting her menu down and looking at me.

"Triple Chocolate brownie bite swirl. In a chocolate waffle cone."

"That sounds good but, so much chocolate."

"It taste good, that's all I care about. What are you getting?"

"The Smores cone sounds good."

"That's what Reese always gets." I let out a chuckle.

The waitress came and too our orders and took the menus too. We sat and talked about random stuff. Oakley finally told Clara about her having leukemia. Clara almost cried and so did I. I don't know why I almost cried but, maybe because the person I love has cancer. We were silent after that. Nobody said anything. Not a single peep. The waitress came back with our ice cream and I thanked her. We ate in silence as well. I notice that Oakley was kinda not eating hers.

"Are you okay?" I asked her worryingly.

"Yeah, it's just....." She looked at me and then at Clara.

"Just?" I ask.

"Just...I'm not feeling well, I guess."

"Then let's go home. We can always do fun stuff at the house."

"It's okay. I'm fine."

That what was last said for about ten more minutes. We finished eating and we left. I drove home even though Oakley said she was fine.

When we arrived home I checked my phone to see the time.

3:00pm

I seen that my phone was blown up by the guys. Oakley and Clara already walked inside while I was looking at the time.

New Messages:

Corbyn (20)

Jonah (15)

Daniel (30)

I checked the messages and they mostly consisted of 'call ASAP' and 'he woke up' and 'you and Oakley don't have to worry anymore'. I knew what they were talking about but I was just in such shock that I couldn't process. I decided to call Daniel while i was still in the car to see what was going on.

*call*
D=Daniel.   Z=Zach

D: hello?
Z:hey dude.
D:we've trying to call you and text you for the past hour!
Z: sorry I was out with Oakley and Clara
D:whose Clara?
Z:Oakley's little sister. But, what's up with Jack? Is he okay?
D: he's fine! He woke up!
Z:what?! Don't mess with me dude, it's not funny!
D:I'm not. Why would I mess with you about something like this?
Z:I don't know but, Oakley will be so happy.
D:Well tell her.
Z: I'm outside and she inside.
D:walk inside.
Z:alright, bye.
D:bye.

*end call*

He woke up. He really woke up. I promised Oakley that he would. I was so afraid that, that promise was gonna be broken. It's not. Thanks Jack.

I got out of my car and ran inside. I ran so fast that when I reached the door I didn't turn the knob, I ran into the door. I took a step back and very carefully opened the door. I ran into the living room, no Oakley. I ran into the kitchen, no Oakley. I ran up to my room, no Oakley. Where Is she? I went to all the bathrooms in the house and no one was in them. I looked out the window and saw her in the backyard, laying on the trampoline.

I walked out back to where she was. I walked, I didn't run. I reached the trampoline and I climbed up the ladder and layed beside her. I looked at her and she turned her head to look at me. She layed on her side and I did as well. She leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back.

" I have news for you." I said.

"What?"

"Its.....Jack."

"Zach, if it's anything bad I don't wanna hear."

"I figured that you would wanna know when he woke up."

"What are you talking about?"

"He woke up."

She sat up and just looked at me. She kept looking at me. She was speechless. I sat up too. She tackled me in a hug, which made me fall backwards. I started laughiing and so did she.

"Zach!" She yelled.

"What?!" I yelled back.

"He woke up!!"

"Yes!"

"I never thought that he was gonna wake up."

"You wanna talk to him?"

"I'll call him later." She said as she put her hand up on her chest and she winced in pain.

"What's wrong?" I gave her a confused look.

"I'm hurting."