Chapter 67

Zach's POV:

Clara came over yesterday and we spent the day with the twins for their birthday. We had fun but, they wouldn't talk to each other until Oakley talked to them.

I woke up this morning to Clara cooking breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, sausage and bacon. She was always a good cook.

The twins were still asleep so, she was by herself.

"What did you say to them to get them to talk to each other?" I asked sitting at the island watching her cook.

"Don't worry about it. Aren't you glad that they are talking to each other?" She flipped a pancake.

"Yes, I am. But, they are my kids and I would like to know what you told them."

"And they are my niece and nephew."

"Have you ever thought about if Oakley was still alive?"

"Every day."

"Why?"

She turned around to face me.

"Because she was my sister and my only sibling. She's still my sister and my only sibling. I look at you, Ryan, and Reese as my siblings but, Oakley will always be my only sibling. And I don't have that anymore. I haven't had a sibling since the day she died." She came around the table and gave me a hug. "But, you will always be my brother. And I love you for that."

"I'm sorry." I hugged her back. I was really sorry for her. She lost her sister, her mom and dad both didn't want her. She's had one hell of a life.

"For?" She asked as she walked back over to the stove.

"Just because."

"You can't say your sorry for something just because. And you have nothing to be sorry for. And don't you dare feel sorry for me. You know I hate when people feel sorry for me."

"You're so much like Oakley. And gotta question."

She stayed silent waiting for me to ask her my question.

"How many times have you read the note she wrote for you?" I asked.

"I read it all the time and I feel something rush through my body every single time. I remember the first time that I read the note; well you read it to me. That whole day, I felt like someone was watching me and I couldn't figure out what it was. But, now I realize that it was her." She said.

"Good morning." Oakley said walking through the kitchen and into the living room.

"Morning." Clara and I said in unison.

We all sat at the table, eating breakfast and we talked about all kinds of stuff. It was Sunday so, Oakley and Tyler go back to school tomorrow and I have the house to myself. Clara is leaving to go back to her house tonight because she has kids of her own. They are both with their dad this weekend and spending time with him because they don't see him often. They never got married because he travels a lot and he doesn't want to just yet. But, she's okay with it and as long as she is, I am.

Oakley and Tyler just spent the whole day lying on the couch and goofing off. Like any other normal day when they didn't have school. Clara left about an hour ago and I wanted to talk to the twins.

I walked into the living room to reveal them staring down at their new phones.

"Can I talk to you guys?" I asked;they looked up from their phones and at each other then to me. They both showed a confused look on their face.

"It's nothing bad, I promise." I said sitting down on the recliner but not reclining back.

They stayed quiet waiting for me to talk.

"I'm going up to Pennsylvania to visit a friend for a couple days or maybe even a week. Will you be okay here by yourself for that while? Ryan, Reese, and Clara are close enough if you guys need anything."

"Why are you going up there?" Oakley asked.

"To visit a friend. I just said that." I said back.

"We'll be okay. I won't let anything happen to my baby sister." Tyler said squeezing Oakley while she yelled at him.

"Tyler, enough." I chuckled. "I'm serious. I will be gone for a while but, I trust you guys not to throw a party and behave."

"Dad, we're sixteen. We don't even know enough people to come to a party even if we did have one." Oakley said.

"Who are you going to see?" Tyler asked.

I was prepared but yet also not. I knew who I was going to see. I just didn't know if I wanted them to know.

"I told you, a friend." I wanted to tell them but, I just didn't know how.

"Is it a woman?" Oakley directly said. "Are you seeing someone? Are you meeting someone?"

I chuckled because she was so full of questions.

"Oakley, chill. Yes, I'm going to visit a woman. No, I'm not seeing anyone. But, I am meeting them. But, I'll be meeting her but she won't be meeting me."

"Cause that makes absolute sense." Tyler sarcastically said.

"Meeting someone is like person to person." Oakley slapped Tyler's shoulder.

"I am going to see her. I need you all to stay here, get along, and be good." I said causing them to look at me.

I never really talked about her and when I did, I always said her. I never used her name except for when I talked about her with Clara. I don't know why I did that but I did.

I missed her. I really did. I don't think that getting married and meeting some one new ever helped.

Yeah, I love Chloe and I still do. I always will.

But, there is one special person who will always have my heart.