Chapter 61

Jack's POV:

"It's been little over two years, Oakley." I sat at her grave watching the wind move the grass that lied above her."I never would have thought that I would meet anyone ever to love as much as I love you. But, I did and her name is Gabriela, and I love her a lot. You would have liked her. She's kind of like you, in a way.  She means the absolute world to me..Just like you.Zach is still, not quite over moving on just yet. He's at least in a happy mood now. He just recently got like that thanks to Jonah, Corbyn, Daniel, and I. And of course, our fans. We still dedicate every show we have, in your honor. Happy Birthday, Baby girl."

I took a deep breathe and looked around at the other headstones. They all looked sad and lonely. I got a cold chill that ran from my neck all the way down my legs. I stood up and brushed off the dirt and grass off of my jeans.

"I love you Oakley Mae. Always and Forever." I placed down on her grave an extra bracelet I had with me that I had made with our initials engraved in it. I made sure I  had a matching one.

I walked back to my car and sat there for a few minute looking out my window at her grave.

My ride home was silent. I didn't play any music and the only sound that I heard was my thoughts. I can't believe its been over two years without my best friend.

I sat in my room, laying on my bed thinking of all the good times we had together.

I grabbed my guitar and started strumming away making random notes.

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again
(Hey)
So let the light guide your way, yeah
Hold every memory as you go
And every road you take, will always lead you home, home

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

"Jacky!" Isla said running into my room.

"What?" I laughed as she flopped on my bed.

"I'm bored. Lets take a nap."

"Okay. Let me put this up." I got up and placed my guitar on its stand. I hopped on to my bed, laying next to Isla.

She layed her head on my chest and she closed her eyes. She fell asleep before me so, I was just watching Spongebob Squarepants. 

I eventually fell asleep.

**

I woke up to Isla, still sleeping. She had moved and now had her arm across my stomach and he head was up by my chin. I couldn't move without waking her and I didn't want to do that. She looked so cute sleeping.

I reached for my phone that was beside me. I seen that I had a text from my mom, it was a picture of Isla and I sleeping. I guess she came in and checked on us earlier since we weren't making any noise and we're usually loud. I saved the picture to my phone and posted it on Instagram with the caption 'Sleepy Baby'. I tagged Isla and my mom in it.

So many replies and so many comments but one certain one caught my eye.

@gabbieegonzalez: More like sleeping beauties❤.

She always knew how to make me smile.

A memory popped up on my phone from three years ago. It was a picture of Oakley, the boys, and I. She was laughing and wasn't paying attention to the picture being taken, but we all were. We were all smiling, trying our best not to laugh.

I got onto Twitter and posted.

Happy Birthday to the person who always knew how to make me laugh even when I didn't want to. Thank you for impacting my life and making it better and pushing me through in my career. Thank you for always making my day 100% brighter. Thank you for watching over me and protecting me from up above. I love you Oakley Mae.

I posted that picture with that paragraph. There were so many 'Happy Birthday' comments and 'I'm sorry' comments. Our limelight are so supportive and caring.

I clicked my power button on my phone and layed it down by my side. I closed my eyes, trying my hardest not to cry. All I could think about was Oakley and her throughout the years. I watched her grow up, but now she watches me grow older.

I felt tears slip out of my eyes and slid down my cheeks. I felt little fingers wipe them away before they reached the bottom of my face. I opened my eyes and saw Isla looking down at me. She wasn't smiling, she had a blank look on her face. I didn't even notice she woke up from her nap.

"Jack, what's wrong?" She continued wiping away my tears that fell from my eyes.

"Nothing, Baby. I'm fine." I smiled through all my thoughts.

"Jacky. You're crying. Whenever someone cries they aren't fine. Unless they are laughing so hard, they end up cry. But, you're not laughing."

"Fine then. I'll be fine." I smiled again and she layed her head on my chest again. Her hand layed just beneath her head and was on my stomach.

"I know what today is." She said wiping away her hair from her face.

"And what would today be?" I placed my hand on her head, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Happy Birthday, Oakley."

The room fell silent. It was more silent then usual. She knew. All this time, she knew. I couldn't bring up the courage to tell her that she passed away. Isla always looked at Oakley as another sister. Isla lost a sister, and I couldn't bring up the courage to tell her.

"Listen, I need to tell you something." I said and she sat up looking at me. I sat up, looking at her. "I'm sorry for not telling you. I couldn't bring up the courage back then to tell you. I knew you always looked to her as a sister and I couldn't bare telling you that she was gone. I'm sorry, I should have told you. I know that I told you over the phone but, I should have told you in person."

She was about to cry; I could see it in her eyes, they were filling with tears.

"It's okay Jacky. Mommy told me that she was happier and better now and that's all that matters." She gave me a hug and it was a long one.

I'm glad that she understood where I was coming from. I'm glad that she accepted my apology.