Chapter 14

Oakley's POV:

Jack and I were stood still in his room, just inches apart.

"Jack." I said again.

" I'm sorry." He said, still looking at me, still standing where he was standing.

" Jack, best friends." Is what I said and he backed off and lying on his bed. He had is hands on his face. I seen a tear escape his face and onto his hands.

" Jack, what's wrong?" I ask him softly, sitting on his bed beside him.

"Nothing, I just need to go home."

" This is home."

" Not for me."

"Fine if you go home then I go home."

"No, I need to be by myself for a little while."

"You can't do that here?"

"No, because...."

"Because why?"

"I just need to get away."

"Jack? Away from what?"

"From Zach and you." He yelled.

He yelled that so loud, I got scared and got up off his bed and walked out. I started crying but I wiped my tears away before I reached the living room.

When I reached the living room, everyone surrounded me in a hug, except for Zach. He stood there still. Completely blank. Once everyone let go of me in the hug, I walked a little ways over to Zach. He just looked at me.

"He likes you, Oakley." Was all he said and he walked off to his room.

I just stood there. I eventually sat down in the middle of the floor. I tried not to cry but it didn't work. I cried so much, Daniel picked me up and carried me to my room. I didn't even feel him pick me up until I was laying in my bed.

About half an hour later, I wasn't crying anymore and Corbyn and Daniel came in and checked on me to see if I was still crying.

I eventually got up and got in the shower. I picked out a black Seavey Jersey and black Nike shorts to wear to bed. While I was washing my hair, I noticed that it was falling out. This can't be happening to me. Not right now.

*the neat day*

I woke up before anyone else did. I got dressed and was ready to go shopping. Wig shopping. I left a note and it said

Dear boys,

I went out to go shopping and maybe get my hair done or something. I don't know yet, but  I'm gonna do something. I need time to myself for a little bit.

Love, Oakley <3

I started walking out of the house with my purse and phone. I walked downtown a little bit and came upon this shop named 'Proudly Wigged'. It was a cute little store. I walked in and was immediately greeted by an employee.

"Hi, how are you today?" She asked politely.

"I'm good. How are you?" I said back.

"I'm good. My name is Samantha if you need any help." She said back.

I started walking around the store and I found a couple wigs that I liked. I checked the price on them and they ranged from $25-$50. There was blonde ones, red ones, brunette ones, black ones, and many more. They even had rainbow ones. I was deciding between two of them. A black to maroon ombre one or a brown one with blonde streaks in it. They were both pretty.

After three minutes of standing there debating Samantha came over behind my shoulder and whispered "black and maroon". I just laughed and got the ombre one and paid for it. It costs $35. It wasn't that expensive.

I then went to the hairstylists

I then went to the hairstylists. It was only a couple blocks away. It was called 'Hair Is A Minute Away'. It wasn't too exciting. I walked in and I was greeted immediately again. They asked me how I was doing and they told me to write my name down on a sign-in sheet and wait in a chair. I waited about ten minutes and they called my name.

I sat in the stylists chair and she began playing with my hair, luckily none fell out in her hands.

"What would you like me to do for you today?" She asks me nicely.

"Um," I said pausing. "Shave it."

"I'm sorry, what?" She said back, giving me a confused look.

"Shave it."

"All?"

"Yes."

I pulled out the wig I bought out of the bag and showed it to her. She looked shocked. Shaving my hair was the hardest thing to decide. But, I can't have it fall out around the boys. Its too embarrassing.

"And could you possibly help me put this on?" I said. "I've never put one on before and I have all the stuff you need for it."

She looked at me confused look and then smiled. "Of course, I have a daughter who is thirteen and she wears a wigs because of cancer. She didn't want to go to school bald. I help her everyday with it."

"Thank you so much. I have Leukemia and my hair just now started falling out. I need help." I said laughing.

She grabbed the razor and asked me if I was ready. I shook my head yes and she began shaving my head. I looked so different without my hair. When she got done she grabbed the stuff I needed for my wig. She glued it and all and even showed me how to take it on and off.

It cost me around $5 for her to shave my hair and she told me that I wouldn't have to for her showing me how the wig works.

Zach's POV:

I woke up and saw a note on the island. I read it and my stomach instantly turned. It made me feel weak. Why did I do that to her? Why am I such an a**? I don't deserve her. She needs someone better than me. She needs her best friend. A part of me is glad that its Jack and the other part isn't.

If it wasn't for Jack, I would have never met her. I would have never fell in love. I wouldn't have had my first kiss. I wouldn't know what it feels like to be in love, or feel love at first sight. She was my love. Who I loved. And I messed it up.

She's going through so much right now, I have to stick with her. She probably doesn't want me though.

**Two hours later**

I'm sitting in the living room with all the guys and I hear the front door open. I stand up acting like i'm going to the kitchen and I see a girl with black hair and red tips. Its medium length. That girl was Oakley. I looked at her surprised and she just smiled at me. She walked to her room with bags in her hands.

I walk back in the living room to the guys.

"Umm, guys?" I say.

"What?" They all say at the same time looking up at me.

" Have you guys seen Oakley?" I ask them even though I already know the answer.

"No why?"Jack asks.

"You might want to." I say.

Jack got up and walking towards Oakley's room.