Chapter 60

ZACH'S POV:

**one month later**

I was sitting on a bench that was in the hallway of the building we were having our show in. I was wondering if Oakley could see me. I pulled out a picture of us out of my pocket. It was of this summer, she was wearing her favorite bikini; maroon top with black bottoms. I was wearing black swimming trunks.

We were at the beach and I was carrying her bridal style out of the water. Her arms were wrapped around my neck and her eyes were glued on mine. I remember we were laughing at something stupid Daniel said.

"Oakley, I miss you so much. I keep thinking of scenarios in my head with some other girl but, the only girl I want to be with is you. I know you told me to move on but, I can't. Not right yet. I know you're gonna be out there with me on stage tonight. I know you'll be with all of us. I gotta go. I love you."

"Zach! You ready to go?" Corbyn burst through a door that was a few feet away from me. 

"Uh, yeah." I stared at the picture once more. I stood up and carefully placed it back into my pocket. I followed Corbyn back into the room that led to backstage.

We were about to do this. We were about to go on stage, without Oakley being there supporting us. We all huddled together, getting each other pumped up for the show.

"Look, Okay guys." Jonah spoke up. "This has gotta be a good show. We gotta do good, for Oakley."

"Yeah." Jack, Daniel, and Corbyn said. I just nodded my head.

"Okay. Now let's get this show going!" Daniel yelled.

We all ran out onto stage. The fans were going crazy.

"Okay, we've gotta share something with you all." Corbyn spoke and the crowd got silent. "Many of you all may know our friend Oakley Reyes, well here recently she hasn't been with us."

"She hasn't been with anyone." Jonah said placing a hand on Corbyn shoulder.

"She passed away." I said looking into the crowd. I looked and I saw her. She was standing at the doors, waving at us.

"This show is dedicated to her. And every show from now on." Jack finished.

"We love you Oakley!" The crowd yelled, putting us all into shock. We just looked at each other.

The music started playing to Something Different and we all sang. The crowd was sing with us.

It was now time for picture with some of the fans. Girl, after girl, but one certain little girl caught my eye.

"Hi, what's your name?" I asked as she walked towards us.

"Oakley." She responded. She put a shock through my whole body. "Can we get a picture of you hugging me and not wanting to share a hug with the them?"

"Yeah." I hugged her and made it seem like I wanted her all for myself and I didn't want to share her. The boys made them self look offended.

"Thank you." She hugged all of us.

We continued taking picture with girls until there were no more.

We were heading back to the hotel we were staying in and something caught my eye. In the solid black sky with specks of yellow throughout, there was one star that shot across the horizon.

I looked around and seen all the guys, smiling, laughing, and having fun. They were living their best lives they could. I need  to do that. For Oakley.

We were all in our rooms. Jonah, Corbyn and I in one and Daniel and Jack in the other.

Jonah and Corbyn were laying on their bed, on their phones. I was laying on my bed looking up at the ceiling.

"Okay. Can I tell you all something without you calling me crazy or insane?" I sat up, looking at the guys who looked startled.

"What?" Jonah asked slipping his phone in his pocket.

"Remember that little girl, Oakley?" I asked. They both shook their heads.

"Yeah, what about her?" Corbyn asked.

"When I hugged her, I felt something. It was different than all the other girls.  It was like.... I don't know how to explain it." I looked at them and they looked confused.

"Look, we all miss her. We miss her a lot, but she told us to move on and that'll make her happy." Corbyn sat on my bed putting a hand on my shoulder.  

"I don't understand how you all can move on so fast. I can't."

"That's because she knows that we'll never fully move on. We know that going on with our lives and doing what we love, just like tonight, she knows that we love her and we miss her. But, she'll be happy if we move on." Jonah added.

"You'll be able to move on. We all did and she was our best friend." Corbyn said.

"Yeah, I know. But, you all didn't lose the love of your life. I did." I looked down at my bracelet. We all got bracelets engraved with Oakley's name and the day she passed away with angel wings on both sides of it.

"I don't mean to remind you of anything but, Jack did too."

The room was silent and Corbyn went back to his bed. I sat there thinking that Jack lost his love too. I wasn't the only one. I thought they all just lost a best friend. I guess I was wrong.

I layed down trying to go to sleep and thinking about our next show.

~~Dream~~

I was at the beach holding a hand that belonged to a little girl. She had long blonde hair and baby blue eyes. She had a freckles that covered her nose and cheeks, with some on her forehead. She looked like Oakley. Just younger.

She was wearing a black one piece bathing suit with a neon yellow smiley face on the front.

In my other hand was this beautiful woman. She also had blonde hair, but hers was short. She had blue eyes as well. She wore a pink bikini top with black and white bottoms.

"Mommy, can I go in the water?" The little girl asked.

"Yes. Just be careful. We'll be in, in a few minutes." The woman said.

The little girl let go of my hand and took off running towards the water. I looked down at my hand and saw a ring on my ring finger. I looked at my other hand and saw a ring on the woman's ring finger. She was my wife.

"Zach? You okay? You look a little funny." She said putting a hand on my arm.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go in the water." I looked down at her hand.

"Mommy, Daddy, come on." The little girl called from the ocean.

"We're coming, Oakley." The woman said laughing.

Oakley? I named my kid after Oakley?

We were running into the ocean, where Oakley was.

"Babe." I said making her look at me, splashing her with water.

"Babe? Where did that come from? You usually say Elaina." She gave me a confused look.

~~ End of dream~~

I shot up out of bed. I was sweating and breathing heavily. I checked my phone 2:12am.

I layed back down and put my arm on my forehead. I closed my eyes trying not to envision Oakley.

"It was just a dream." I whispered. "It was just a dream."