Why?

Luna's P.O.V.

"Why did they do it?" I ask, my voice shaking.

"Come with us." Felix says, standing up, along with Peter. I hesitate before standing up with them.

"Mind if I come, I want to know for myself." Robbie asked. Peter looked down, pondering this before looking up and nodding. So we head out. We walk farther in the jungle and my heart beats faster and faster. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look to see Robbie.

"Hey, so you think you're ready to know?" He asked. I open my mouth to say something but close it when Felix spoke.

"We're here." We stop at the edge of a clearing where a small chest is in the center of the clearing. Peter puts a hand on my shoulder and wispered:

"This is your choice. You don't need to do this if you aren't ready."

"No, I want to do this." I look at Robbie who nodded. Worried of what I'm going to find, I walk to the chest and kneel down, opening it to see a letter. I take it and read it.

Our dearest Luna,

If you are reading this letter, you ended up where we planned for you to be; Neverland. Pan and the Lost Boys will take care of you. But if you are reading this letter, it means you want to know why we abandoned you. The chest was enchanted so Pan would find it when it was needed. The reason we left you is because of your powers. We knew about your powers since the day you were born because of your birthmark. When we saw your mark, we knew what it ment and who your soulmate was going to be because of a seer. So we decided to disappear. We don't want a child who is soulmates with the soon to be worst villain we will ever know. Just know that-.

I didn't even finish the letter without burning the it in my hand.

"Moon, are you ok." Peter asks. I didn't respond. I just look at my hands in horror and fly up to the sky and fly to Skull Rock, flying in and sitting on the steps of the hourglasses. I tuck my knees in close as I start crying.

Summoning a fire ball, I throw it as hard as I could at the wall in front of me. Luckily the wall was stone so the fire didn't spread. I summon another fire ball and throw it at the wall again, just as I threw it, Peter appeared in the flames way. I gasped as it was about to hit Peter. But to my surprise, Peter caught it right as it was about to kill him.

My hand was just on my mouth, frozen in fear. Peter put the fire ball away as he came over to me, kneeling down before sitting next to me. I put my hands around my knees again and rested my head on them.

"Ok. So you burned the letter in rage, flew away, and thought you could hide from me in Skull Rock. Anything you want to tell me?" I lean my head on the hourglasses and summoned a fire ball, watching the calming flame dance in my hand.

"They left me, because of my powers. They knew that you were my soulmate and what you were going to become and didn't want anything to do with me. They never wanted me. I should have known." I sigh, putting the fire ball away and resting my hand on the stone ground.

"Oh you poor thing." He cooed, pulling me closer to him and resting his chin on my head. I buried my head in his neck, taking a deep breath, trying not to cry. I fail as I break down in his arms.

"If it makes you feel any better, meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me." He says. At that moment, I feel a presence on the island and I recognize the auras. My head shoots up and I stand up.

"What, what is it Moon?"

"They're here." I smile, spreading my wings and taking off to camp. When I arrived, I land and run into Henry's tent, waking him up.