혼례 (wedding) - Kim Namjoon

Hi, so this is a story shared by ILoveChange . She have a lot of amazing stories so please drop by her profile, do a follow while you're at it. :)

--------------------------

"Will you marry me?"

Nervous was an understatement. My hands were shaking, my heart was beating fast, and I've ran my hands through my hair about ten times now. Your black, doe-like eyes met my brown ones, obviously shocked at the sudden question. I so badly wanted to hug you right now because you looked so cute, but I just smiled and stayed in my spot. Silently hoping that you'd say yes.

I wanted to say that I was confident you'd say yes as I've known you my whole life, but marriage was different for you.

You were afraid of it.

You feared that someone would ask for your hand in marriage, but end up only leaving you when they realize that you weren't what they wanted or that being tied down was too much pressure. Just like your father towards your mother.

I wanted you to feel reassured that what happened between your parents won't happen to you, so I prepared everything. Days before popping the question, I've bought everything necessary for this wonderful moment. From the engagement ring to even the realistic-looking fake snow we had raining over us. You've always loved the snow.

"Yes!"

That was what you answered, but I could barely hear you over the loud beating of my heart. I stared at you, not fully comprehending what your answer was. You rolled your eyes, noticing that I had my eyebrows scrunched together which meant that I didn't understand.

"I said yes!" You shouted and I gave you a big grin. After inserting the ring to your finger, your smile got wider and I felt my grin growing bigger too. You always had this effect on me.

"Where should the wedding be held?"

We had pictures of different places sprawled all over the table. We couldn't decide where we wanted to hold the wedding. There were many great spots you wanted to be wed at. You deeply analyze each picturing, sorting them either to the left or to the right.

"Which side do you like the best?" I honestly just wanted to get this over with. You have been looking at each photo for about 2 hours now and all I want to do is sleep.

"The left side." You finally answered after thinking long and hard.

"Then sort the left side into two." You did what I said. Only having a handful of pictures at each side now.

"Now choose a side. Keep doing this until you're left with one spot." You kept doing as I told until you were only holding one picture.

"This is it." You smiled, feeling proud.

"We finally have a wedding spot." I said gleefully, stretching my back.

The marriage is going to be held in a hotel in Ilsan.

"What's a good cake flavor?"

We were at a local bakery owned by my friend, Jin hyung. This place had your favorite baked treats, so it was obvious you wanted your cake to be from here.

"Just choose red velvet. I know it's your favorite." I was so ready to slam my head to the table. I thought choosing a cake flavor was one of the easier jobs to do since all we have to do is eat cake, but you're making it more difficult than it really is.

"You don't like red velvet though." You pouted. "You're a chocolate kind of guy."

"Red velvet is just chocolate cake dyed red." I groaned, really wanting this day to end.

"Fine. Jin oppa, we'll be ordering a three tiered, red velvet cake." You said, smiling at Jin who returned a smile just as big.

"Congratulations on your engagement!" Jin said happily.

"Thank you." You said, blushing.

"Does this dress look okay?"

"It looks perfect on you." I looked over at you and smiled. You were wearing a long, white, off-shoulder wedding dress. You've tried on around twenty dresses by now, but something about this dress screams your name.

"Are you sure? Like does the sleeves look good? Does the shape of the dress hug my body perfectly? Anything?" You ran your hands from the lace sleeves to the a-line silhouette.

"I repeat. You look perfect."

"I'll see you at the altar!"

That was what you shouted at me when we went our separate ways yesterday.

It was the day before the wedding and we decided to meet at a nearby cafe to ease our nerves. You looked very excited for the day to come and honestly I was too.

"I can't believe it's tomorrow!" You squealed, twisting her body side to side.

It was finally the day everyone's been waiting for. I stood at the altar, waiting for your arrival. I was nervous that you'd ran away and decided to cancel the wedding, but all my worries were washed away when they announced your arrival.

You looked stunning. You looked like an actual living angel. You slowly walked towards the altar, plastering a happy smile on your face.

You looked at me and I smiled. I was happy you were getting married to someone else.

"Don't worry, hyung. I'll take care of her."

That was what your soon-to-be husband, Jimin, told me. I give him a big smile and a pat on the back. The only reason I was in front of the altar was because I was Jimin's best man.

"Congratulations!" I said, grinning so wide that it showed my dimples. I then looked over to you. Your doe-like eyes were staring at me, and I could see tears threatening to spill out.

"Chaewon." I said softly. "Don't cry. You'll look uglier." I chuckled and you gave me a small smile.

"I love you, Namjoon." My eyes widened at the words that came out of your mouth. You were the type of person to rarely use the word love. My heart softened at your words and I could feel tears prickle my eyes too.

"I love you, Chaewon. Now go get married!" I slightly nudged you towards Jimin who was happily waiting for you. Jimin took your hand in his, staring at each other with so much love.

Today was the day you and I were preparing months for.

Today was the day I watched the love of my life marry someone else.

February 14.

________________________________________