The Undelivered Truth - NamJen

Written by: OneOfTheGuys17

Please check the author's note below :)

---------------------------------

"Your Highness,"

From looking at the beautiful view of the sunrise, Namjoon turned to one of his servants.

"Yes?" He placed his hands behind his back.

"Why are you up this early, Your Highness?" His servant politely asked him, concerned. "I heard you were busy the whole night."

Namjoon, the middle son of the current king, spends most of his time in the Palace's library. But the previous night, he spent even more time there than usual.

"I couldn't seem to feel drowsy last night so I just read more books." He informed her.

"Why couldn't you fall asleep, Your Highness? Is something bothering you?" Eric, being the closest servant to Prince Namjoon, had gain confidence to be this nosy since Namjoon lets him.

"Not at all, Eric." He shook his said, reassuring him with a smile. "I'm quite fine. I just didn't feel like sleeping, that's all."

"You know, Your Highness, if ever something is bothering you, I'm willing to listen." He earned a full dimples smile from the Prince.

"I appreciate it, Eric." He nodded. "I'll remember that."

"I must get going, Your Highness." He bowed.

"Be careful."

"Thank you, Your Highness." was the last thing he said before bowing 90° and leaving the blue blood behind.

Namjoon sighed as he turned back. He lied to him. Something was bothering him. It was the reason why he spent the whole night in the library, just trying to feel drowsy.

For quote some time now, he has been exchanging letters with a princess whose family rules the neighboring kingdom. Yet he hasn't seen Princess Jennie, he knew he fell in love. She was humble and a great person to talk to. His heart races so fast as he imagines meeting her one day. Although, he somehow dreads that day to come.

Having such gorgeous brothers, Namjoon looks down on himself a bit. Aside from his out of this world beauty, Taehyung, his younger brother, was known for being an outstanding instrumentalist and music prodigy. His older brother, Seokjin, was known for his excellent culinary creations and for being an all-rounded athlete. Like his eldest brother, Taehyung was also sporty and like his younger brother, Seokjin has a knack of playing instruments enchantingly. Along with their bright personalities and kindhearted characters, girls are drop-dead smitten for them.

Namjoon was known for his intelligence. He had intelligence that everyone wished they had, intelligence that could make him bring peace, harmony and excellence to his country. Unfortunately, people believed he only had intelligence. The rest of his character was to dread for.

Aside of the belief of his people that he was the reincarnation of the god of destruction, many looked down on him for intelligence was the only thing he had. He wasn't athletic nor was he capable of playing instruments. He didn'teven have beauty.

There were rumors that he was an illegitimate son of the king and his alleged concubine many years ago. But these were just rumors. The king showed so much fidelity to the queen and loved her ever so dearly. His brothers, therefore, didn't believe this rumor either.

However, this didn't change the fact that Namjoon hated himself. He thought he was hideous. Lacking. Weak. Therefore, he didn't want to show Jennie that she has been conversing with a hideous creature. That she's better off to marry either one of his brothers, even though if it hurts him.