The Barista - TaeRose

This is a story dedicated to bomira written by a very good writer vxRosiePastaxv. Please do check his account as well because he have beautiful stories.

 This is also dedicated to all TaeRose shippers out there that ship this Aesthetic ship.   

An Author's note was posted at the end, please take time to read :)

Enjoy!

-----

Taehyung's POV:

I never expect a lot from my life. Born into an ordinary family of farmers, my whole childhood was spent on the farm, with the chickens, ducks and cows being my playmates. As the only son and being the oldest in the family, I grew up carrying a responsibility which is to grow up and be successful in order to support my family.

But looking at my current life, I don't even think the term 'successful' would even come close to define the life I'm living. I was 21 when I moved to Seoul, without even having a proper preparation nor the wight state of mind. Now it's been a year, a whole year of suffering had passed and I managed to get myself a job. No, I know what you're thinking, businessman, lawyer, policeman, teacher or any other worthy job you're thinking inside your head but no, I'm currently working as a Barista, the person who make coffee at a café.

It doesn't sound like a dream job any man would want, but for me, I'd take any job the city's offered me, as long as I can earn a living and support my family back in Gochang. At least, I'm not becoming a complete disappointment that I always afraid of becoming one.

~~

"Taehyung, can you do me a favor man?" I heard Jimin, my co-worker asked me as I'm drying up plates. I hummed lightly as my response to his question. "Can you cover my shift for tonight as well, my auntie's still in the hospital at the moment and she's not getting any better" My friend let out a deep sigh.

It's not like I can't help him, but it's been two days I've worked for the whole day and night shift and I'm absolutely tired. With Jimin and me being the only barista in the Café, so I had no choice but to help him. Besides, it's related to his family, he would do the same in my favor so I just nodded my head.

"Thank you man, I really appreciate it" Jimin gave me a brotherly hug which made me smile lightly. I remained silent all the way until I finished wiping the last plate. I was never the talkative type, yet I'm not an introvert nor shy, well probably a little shy, around female mostly. I only open my mouth when it's necessary to.

Jimin on the other hand, is the complete opposite of me, he's talkative, sociable, happy-go lucky, like he's having zero worries yet he's understanding and caring like a good friend he is. Maybe that's why he has a girlfriend easily.

"By the way Taehyung, you really should get yourself a girl man, you've been single for what twenty-two years now, it's time to step up your game, get what I'm saying?" Jimin suddenly asked a question that he himself should already knew the answer.

"Come on man, you know me, I can't even talk properly around girls, let alone trying to date one. I'm not confident with myself" I put on a bitter smile at him before fixing my glasses. That's right, I don't know how to love, my whole life, I spent my childhood on the farms, with the animals and plants.

My teenage life was spent in my room, added to the fact that I was the kid who got bullied in high school because of my glasses that made me look like a nerd and that affected my way of approaching and socializing with people, so yeah, getting a girlfriend is like mission impossible for the poor Kim Taehyung.