The Vague Arranged Blind Date - rosekook

Hi, this story was written by my close friend kpopinesss

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That boy was nothing but bad news for you."

I sat with my head hung low as my mother started to scold me about my ex boyfriend.

Honestly, I really did like this guy. He was nice to me at first but then I realized he was seeing other girls behind my back so I did the only logical thing to do. Dump him. I was hurt, of course, but what would a guy like him do with a girl like me anyway?

I wasn't the best looking. Pretty average, I think. I rarely wore makeup exposing the unappealing features of my face/skin. I didn't like talking to people because I was always afraid of saying the wrong things. I don't have much friends either since any person who says they'll be my friend ends up ignoring me either the next day or the next hour. I was quiet and ordinary. No guy would want that.

"I told you he was a mistake and you decided to be independent and follow this guy who just used you." My mom sighed sitting down next to me. "You know I'm only looking out for you, Rosé

I sniffled but nodded at her nonetheless.

"Which is why I'm setting you up with my friend's son."

I whipped my head around to look at my mom who just sent me a genuine smile. "W-what?"

"He's a great guy. Very athletic, very attractive, and polite." She went on and on about this guy she was arranging for me to date. I looked down at my lap with a contorted expression unsure about blind dates at all. "You'll love him."

"I'm not ready for a relationship." I said softly and my mom scoffed.

"That man you had dated— that wasn't even a relationship. So stop moping around and just come with me tomorrow."

"Mom." I whined.

"Don't mom me. You'll love him. I promise."

.

I tugged at the dress my mother asked me to wear insecurely and tried to see as clear as I could as I walked towards my mother's friend's home.

I was very nervous. I didn't know how this was going to go but I listened to my mother anyway because I knew the consequences if I didn't. The way she made me look now was not how I would ever look in a million years. I was all about loose clothing and just plain colors. But she insisted to remove my square clear framed glasses and wear a shirt floral dress that hugged my curves. It just wasn't me.

"You look fine, Chaeyoung. Stop worrying."

I stumbled in my steps out of nervousness and followed my mother into her friend's house. When a familiar face opened the door, I forced a smile.

"Oh Chaeyoung. You look great!" My mom's friend hugged me eagerly before helping both me and my mom inside.

"Jungkook is just getting ready." Mrs. Jeon informed me with a broad smile. "You know men. Very intricate about their appearances."

I chuckled awkwardly at her keeping my head bowed down. All I could think about was this completely new guy I was about to go on a date with. I didn't even know the guy and both his parents and mine seemed content with this set up. Although I knew Mrs. Jeon well, I never met her son— whom she talked about quite often. I never planned on it either but my mother changed that.

"Jungkook!"

"I'm coming!"

I nervously rubbed my hands together and forced myself to look up at the stairs. A very— extremely handsome man appeared from the top of the stairs. His hair was still slightly wet, messy on his head but made him even more attractive. He sent me a glance before fixing his shirt and ruffling his hair once more.