Those tears - JiRosé

Written by: Tungsten716

--------

"So... those tears weren't tears of happiness."

Jimin POV

January 6, 2019

I was seated on the chair beside Chaeyoung, my girlfriend. My hand was holding hers. The doctor was in front of us, his hand holding the papers which contains the results of this therapy I had been going on.

"Jimin, it didn't work. Sadly to say, your condition hadn't got any better. You have to undergo heart transplant." The doctor said as he was seated on his chair.

"What do you mean?" Chaeyoung asked as tears streamed down her face.

"Jimin needs to get a heart transplant. We already tried all that we can - therapies and everything. You need to undergo this because it's getting worse, Jimin." Dr. Hong said with authority.

"But Dr. Hong... you said it's almost impossible to find a donor." I said to the doctor as I got concerned as i recalled what he said before.

"Yes. It is, but we have to try." He said.

Chaeyoung and I got up from the chair. We faced our back towards Dr. Hong and started walking ou the door. My eyes got blurry as it formed tears. A tear rolled down my cheek.

Chaeyoung started to notice that I was crying. She made me face her and she started to wipe the tears on my cheeks.

"It's going to be okay. I'll always be there for you." Chaeng said to comfort me. 

...

January 26, 2019

I was in a hospital room for the past few days. I was confined in there. My condition is being monitored by Mr. Hong as the hospital was trying to find me a heart donor.

It had been taking too much time to find a donor, but I can't lose hope. To be honest, I actually am losing hope already. I don't even know if they'll be able to find me a donor. I don't know if I'd even be able to live at all.

It feels like the odds aren't in my favor.

I grabbed a pink notebook I brought to the hospital. It was in Chaeyoung's favorite color, baby pink. I grabbed a pen from my bedside table. I opened the first blank page of the notebook and started scribbling down things I wanted to let out.

As I wrote, a tear rolled down my cheeks and dropped on the notebook's first ever page.

Rosé POV

January 26, 2019

I went to Dr. Hong's office. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to discuss things out.

"Dr. Hong... Is there any way?" I asked him.

"Well... We don't have donors. Available organs these days are very rare." Dr. Hong said.

I was losing hope. I was in despair. Feeling hopeless.

"Is there any way? Please... I'll do anything." I pleaded.

"No. Unfortunately the only way to donate an organ is if you arrive at the hospital brain dead. This is why available organs are so rare, and are usually from donors who have been in traumatic accidents. "

I ran out of the hospital and went to my car. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I drove recklessly. 

I did not care if I die or whatsoever, I actually hoped I'd die.