Perfectly Imperfect - JiRose

Written by: Riviolcus

----------
A/N: so... uh... this is really angsty and will contain some sensitive stuff... so if you're easily triggered by these types of things, PLEASE do not read it.

Thank you, and enjoy the story (even though it's horrible)!

--"So everything you've experienced... everything you've gotten to do, see, hear, touch... you're throwing it all away because you hate yourself that much?"

--Jimin didn't expect to see his girlfriend alone in her room with a knife in her hand.

Of course, she had always portrayed herself as a happy person; always smiling, laughing, just enjoying life.

She seemed extra happy when he was in her presence.

But alas, she really wasn't happy.

He learned that "Rosé" was a whole different person from "Chaeyoung."

"Rosé" was nothing more than a persona; a mask to make sure people didn't worry about her. 

The mask that showed pure happiness and bliss.

"Chaeyoung" on the other hand, was her true self; broken, shattered, and weak.

Jimin wondered why she kept this all to herself, why she'd become like this, to begin with.It all started with dinner.

They were sitting across from each other in their apartment, just the two of them, before Chaeyoung excused herself. Jimin didn't look into it; he assumed she was just using the restroom.

After twenty minutes, she didn't come back. By that time, Jimin had already finished his dinner.The house was dead silent; nothing like it usually was.

Jimin starts to get worried, even though he knew she was okay.

But... was she?

He purses his lips, his thoughts clashing with each other in his head.

That's when he hears something.

Was it...

Jimin turns to the direction of Chaeyoung's room.

...someone crying?

With narrowed eyes, he quietly but swiftly walks to the door. As he gets closer, he notices that the sounds, the crying, becomes louder.

Concerned, he knocks gently as if she was still sleeping. "Chaeyoung?"

He doesn't receive an answer; the crying seems to continue.

He takes a deep breath, knocking once again. "Chaeyoung, are you okay in there?"

No answer.

At this point, he gives up. "Chaeyoung, I'm going to come in."

"Wait--!"

He swings the door wide open, finding his girlfriend sitting on the ground by herself, a knife in her hand.

Blood. 

"Chaeyoung..."

He swallows. He doesn't know what to say.

"Jimin, look, it's not what you--"

"Don't. It's exactly what I think it is."

He sees her red puffy eyes and walks up to her, kneeling down.

He firmly, but gently takes the knife from her hand. She doesn't stop him, but reluctance lingers in her eyes.

He puts the knife aside, far enough so that they wouldn't cut themselves by accident.

His heart pounding in his ears, he turns back to Chaeyoung.

He looks at her with caring eyes before wrapping her in his arms.

He stops himself from crying in front of Chaeyoung - letting her cry on his shoulder instead.

He stays there for a few minutes, drawing circles on her back as a sign of comfort.He doesn't care that her tears are wetting his shirt; he only wants to stay there like a support beam for her.

When he thinks she's ready, he asks her softly, "...why?"

She sniffles.

"Why would you do this?"

She holds on tighter as if he were the last thing she could hold onto before she fell once again.

Jimin was the only one who understood how she felt - all the pain she had to go through.

Yet, he didn't know about all of this.

With a swallow, she replies shakily, "I don't deserve this."

She grips onto his shirt. "I... I'm not good enough. For you. For anyone..."

She loosens her grip as more tears well in her eyes - she tries to keep herself from breaking down again.

The urge to go grab the knife was crushing her lungs; she holds onto Jimin so that she could fight the temptation off.

"They think... they think that I'm this perfect girl... so perfect that when I was brought to the ground, everyone else brought me back up. I was so perfect that... when I was burnt out, everyone else would light me up again. But they were so caught up in my perfection that they didn't realize I couldn't be lit up again..."

She doesn't know how these words come to her; it was like they were there all this time.

She just wants to let it all out... to let someone, anyone, know.

Not being able to take it anymore, she sobs once again into Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin lets her, remaining silent as Chaeyoung releases her emotions all onto him.

Thinking it was soon enough, he says, "So that's it?"

Chaeyoung sniffs. "What?"

"That's all?" He narrows his eyes. "You're the girl who's perfectly imperfect. You're not who everyone thinks you are; you've been brought to the ground so many times, you're broken and you can't get back up. You've been the broken match that was never lit to begin with."

Chaeyoung is dumbfounded.

He pulls back, gripping her shoulders firmly but gently. "Does that sound right to you, Chaeyoung?"

She doesn't know what to say. Instead, she nods slightly.

He wipes away her tears from the ends of her eyes. When he's done, he rests his right hand on her cheek.

"Take off that mask, Chaeyoung."

She looks at him with confusion in her eyes.

"Take off the mask - the one where you're happy, excited, and bubbly. You're not. So don't lie to other about it. I want you to be truly happy, not that mask you're wearing."

For once, she looks at him in the eyes.

"Jimin..." She smiles; genuinely. "Thank you. So much..."

Jimin returns the smile. "You're welcome. And... just remember, no matter how much you think you don't deserve me..."

He leans in and gives her a kiss on the lips.

It's tender and sweet - like Jimin.

He pulls back as their foreheads touch.

"...I still love you, Chaeyoung."--A/N: wELP that got real fluffy in the end. erm... yeah, that was a pretty crappy story, so, uh, if you made it this far... thanks. it's sO BAD and super rushed. i wouldn't be surprised if you're already gone, bored, or confused. if you actually did enjoy it (i'm pretty sure you didn't), thank you! i appriciate it.oKAY i'm done rambling kthxbai