Last Breath - YoonRose

Hi, this one-shot is created by my little baby  justacuriousthingg. Please check her page she writes beautiful stories :)

Also, please check her author's notes below :

Warning: Has a bit of mature language

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's so dark...why is it so dark? A groan came from a small framed girl that lay on the floor dressed in a black crop top, black jean shorts with a black belt accentuating her small waist, and some plain white sneakers. Her hair was sprawled all over the floor and her bangs covered her eyes slightly, obstructing her vision when she opened them to check her surroundings. She used the little strength she had left in her body to sit up from the floor, a hand on her head as she groaned in pain. She turned to look all around her and panic struck when her eyes had adjusted to the darkness and presented the view of an abandoned alley.

Out of fear for what could be lurking in the darkness, she found hidden strength and used it to get herself off of the floor completely. She took slow steps, her legs feeling like they were being used for the first time. She wobbled a bit faster, finally picking up speed when she heard sounds coming from behind her. She ran at full speed out of the alley, unsure why she felt so panicked but all she knew was that she wanted to be somewhere with light.

The streets were empty and it seemed to be pretty late at night since the businesses she could see were closed. However, she could hear muffled music coming from nearby, so she figured there might be a club or an active bar around the area. Before locating the sound of muffled music, the girl stopped by a vintage looking electronics store that had a flickering light hanging on their store front. The lighting wasn't good but it was the best she could find as the rest of the places were pitch black and a little light in all the darkness was better than none at all.

She turned to look at the glass that showed her reflection and she slowly lifted her fingers to touch the glass. "Where am I? Why am I here?" She asked herself, confused as to how on earth she could have fallen asleep and woken up in such a strange and scary area. "I-I don't remember anything..." She sighed, looking away from her reflection and turning her head towards the direction of howling laughter that could be easily heard due to the eerie silence of the rest of the area. "People? Maybe they can help me!" She stated in joy, leaving her fear and confusion behind as she braved the darkness in search for the laughter.

After a bit of roaming around, she managed to find her way closer to the building that was producing the sound of muffled music. She was a good distance away but she could see the place with dim neon lights that flickered as if wanting to go out, demonstrating the age of the place. It seemed strange to have a club in such a desolate area and her beating heart driven by anxiety told her she should get the heck out but she ignored it; the people she had heard before finally showing themselves as they giggled their way out from the side of the building where they were probably doing who knows what.

She shivered in disgust and shook her head as she focused on the sight of other actual human beings coming her way. It was a male and female that seemed to be older in appearance than herself. Not wanting to get too close to the strangers she decided on shouting at them instead, doing a few breathing exercises to calm her nerves before shouting "hey! I'm lost could you please help me?!" Despite her volume, her voice never reached their ears and she wondered if they were too drunk to hear her from the way they were giggling their hearts away and their manner of walking.

She rolled her eyes in frustration before finally deciding that getting close to grab their attention was a better idea. She walked in their direction, the space between them narrowing each second until she was at touching distance. She reached her hand to touch them but her hand never made contact with flesh nor clothes for that matter. Instead, her hand as well as the rest of her body went straight through them.