Of Endings and Beginnings - TaeNnie

Hi, this story was shared by armyxblink13  . Please make sure to send her some love. An author's note was posted below so make sure to read it. Enjoy! :)

Warning: May be triggering for some.

-------------------------------------------------

"Go die, whore."

"Useless. No one wants you here"

I watched as the blade slid into my skin.

One.

Two.

Three.

Crimson blood seeped out of the three cuts. How many would it take for the pain in my heart to leave?

No one liked me. I was alone. No one cared.

My hazel colored hair fell across my face. The biting wind slashed my cheeks.

Why was I even alive?

Should I just end it?

I could-

"Jennie!"

The familiar Korean pronunciation of my name echoed through me. I recognized that deep voice.

Taehyung?

"Jennie. What are you doing?"

Kim Taehyung. My old friend. He had grown up with me back in Korea. How was he here?

He hated me when I got the scholarship and came to New Zealand. He yelled at me, saying terrible things. Things that I had never thought I would hear from him.

We hadn't spoken for years. Why was he here?

"Jennie, what's wrong?"

I could feel his warmth beside me. I refused to look at him. His soft eyes, his beautifully sculpted face, his dark hair, his plump lips...

"Jennie, look at me."

He lifted my chin, bring his eyes to mine. I had missed those eyes,

"Jennie, I-"

The words died on his lips when he saw the knife. And my cuts.

"Kim Jennie. What are you doing?"

He took the knife from me, slowly, gently.

"My Jendeukie, what happened?"

A tear slipped down my cheeks.

He wrapped his arms around me. I could feel his breath in my hair. Warm, soothing.

"Taehyung, I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left. I should have stayed home. I hate it here. Everyone hates me. I'm useless, worthle-"

"Kim Jennie."

Taehyung's huge hands cupped my face.

"You. Are. Not. Worthless. You are the most amazing, talented, smart and beautiful person I have ever known. You earned your scholarship here. I said so many awful things when you left. I lied. I should've just told you the truth."

The truth?

Taehyung took a breath and looked me in the eye.

"Jennie, just before you got your scholarship, I had a long talk with myself. Remember the night you told me you were leaving? That terrible night. I was about to tell you something. But you left. I was so angry. But not at you, at myself. I was angry that I had kept my feelings inside for so long. I let all my anger out on you. I should be sorry."

I have worked so, so hard for the past 2 years to get here. I studied hard and got a scholarship too. I couldn't come at the beginning of the year because my eomma was ill."

Tears were starting to form in his eyes. His amazing, shining eyes.

"I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I should not have waited so long to tell you I love you."

I started to cry.

"Jennie! Don't cry. It's ok if you don't feel the same. I can go home if you want. Don't cry, please."

I stare back up at Taehyung. My tears blurred my vision but his worry and fear for me were obvious.

"Tae, don't be silly. I love you too."

I lifted my lips to his. Just a peck. Soft and sweet. It held years of pain and suffering. It was a release, a message.

"I love you, Kim Jennie."

--------------

Author's Note

Hey~ sorry if it sucked. This was written by my thirteen-year-old self so I know it probably isn't that good. Please send me a private message on my own account to let me know what you think. armyxblink13

Thanks:)