Lost and Found - JiRose

So Dreamofshadows just wrote this and I am too shy to inform you that it is dedicated to me. hahaha I would have keep it to myself but nah, you guys need to see beautifully written stories, so yeah :)

Btw, a more complete version was posted on her profile. Please swing by her account :)

-------------------------

She had been walking Toben as she always did, as she had always done ever since he was a puppy: along the sandy beach at the crack of dawn, when the whole place was bare, quiet and somehow magical.

And then Toben froze, ears erect, hackles raised.
She followed his gaze, her eyes resting on an oblong object washed up on the shore.
Next second, she broke into a run, the dog barking at her heels.

It was a man, face down in the sand. She landed beside him on her knees and flipped him over, frantically searching for a pulse.

The sight of his face momentarily took her breath away but then her training took over. She checked his breathing and tilted his head up to hear better.

He wasn't breathing. But his pulse was there. Thready and feeble, but still there.

"Don't you dare die on me," she gritted, pumping his chest.

One death had been enough and she was still trying to pick up the pieces after Jungkook--

His mouth lolled open invitingly but she ducked her head--she had no idea who this guy was and she hated the idea of locking lips with a stranger, no matter the emergency or how handsome he looked. (You idiot, Lisa sighed later) What if he had HIV or something?

She was tiring. And the chest pumps weren't working. She rolled him on his side, shrugging off her jacket and reaching for her phone at the same time.

"Hang on, just hang on," she whispered when the ambulance finally arrived and they took him away. As the ambulance sped away, she finally noticed the sun peeking cautiously over the horizon, her nails bloody and goosebumps on her bare shoulders....

The police contacted her later to ask about the incident and return her jacket.

"How...how is he?" She asked curiously.

"Alive" she was told and then dismissed unceremoniously.

She later learned from the TV that he was unconscious but still fighting.

"Was he handsome?" Lisa asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

And for the umpteenth time, she told the truth: Yes, very. Because she was that kind of person who couldn't lie to save her life.

Out of pure curiosity, she decided to pop in for a visit one day a week later during her break, and learned that he had no name and only a mysterious empty locket was found in his pocket.

Lisa later informed her that the police had apparently issued a call for any relatives to claim him but so far nobody had stepped forward. ("You're always lost in your world"her friend said exasperatedly)

She sat by his prostrate form, and allowed her eyes to roam over his body.
He had bowl cut blond hair and chubby cheeks complementing a sharp jawline.

The doctors had discerned purple bruise marks around his neck. They said it was wither somebody had tried to stramgle him, or he had tried to hang himself, or drown himself.

She wondered about the truth, and the way fate played out that led her to save him.
Maybe he hadn't wanted to be saved.

If she had been in his place, she wasn't sure she aould have wanted to be saved