Complicated Choices - TaeNnie

This is a story made by Sereneillusions. Please check her profile too and send her some love.

---------------

Jennie waits in the living room of her home, her hand clutching a couple of documents given to her by her late father's lawyer.

Earlier this morning, she was asked to meet up with Mr. Han, her father's lawyer. She didn't have any idea what the urgent private meeting was about but she was quick to go and answer her curiosity.

They met in a cafe near her company's building.

"Mr. Han?" Jennie greeted as soon as she reached the table where the man is currently in, which is located in the far corner of the cafe.

"Mrs. Kim, hello. Please take a seat. We have something to talk about." Mr. Han told her as he gestured her to sit on the chair in front of him.

"Is there a problem Mr. Han?" Jennie asked warily. Mr. Han doesn't usually ask her to meet unless there's a problem inside the Company.

"I think there is." The lawyer answered as he took out some documents and placed it in front of her. She looked at him briefly before taking the document and opening it.

Jennie read through the documents with furrowed eyebrows. Her heartbeat started to quicken as her eyes scanned what was written on the papers.

"No... T-this can't be right. What bull is this?" Jennie asked after she finished reading through the documents.

She doesn't want to believe what she just read. She can't.

It's pure bullshit.

"As much as we hope that it's not, it is. Namjoon was able to get all those evidences. Ever since you let Taehyung take over your company temporarily, there's a noticeable decrease in the sales, which is something that never happened before considering the fact that your company is now the top company of hotel chains here in Korea. And even if a decrease does happen, it's not as huge and conspicuous as the drop of sales that happened in the past two months. Usually, we'll be able to amend it quickly. But this damage is something that won't be easy to fix and I think we'll be requiring a whole new strategy to keep people's interest in our Hotels." Mr. Han explained.

He stopped for a second to point out something in the documents.

"Another thing here is Mr. Lee. He has the largest share of stock in the company after you. He has about 20% of shares and he suddenly sold everything without giving an explanation or any valid reason. He sold them to two people, Mr. Oh Sejoon and Mr. Kang Hyojin. Now what made me suspicious of Taehyung is that those two business men are both major stockholders in his own company. So with those events that happened, I had to take a look. And so I hired an investigator, your cousin, Mr. Kim Namjoon. And he found these. Your husband is trying to destroy your company." Mr. Han stated.

She went home with a heavy heart. Her mind was fuzzy as she took in what she just discovered.

Her husband would never do this. He won't do this to her.

Taehyung loves her so much. He won't hurt her like this.

They've been married for two years now. And in those two years he did nothing but shower her with love and care.

He won't betray her like this.

"Jennie? Darling?" A husky voice resonated inside the house, snapping her out of her thoughts. She quickly put the documents in her bag, not wanting her husband to see it.

Taehyung is finally home from work.

"Babe?" Taehyung called her again.

"I'm h-here." Jennie answered, her voice cracking at the end.