Miles Away From Loving You - TaeNnie

Another story by our fave in house writer kpopinesss. Send her some love hunns!

-----------------------------------

a/n : an AU where Taehyung is in bts but not specified that Jennie is in blackpink. the rest of bp is not mentioned much.

I've been studying abroad for two years now and I was beginning to miss everything. It finally sunk in that it was going to be another year until I saw the people at home or being home in general.

This past month has been hard. I constantly thought about home and I cried nearly each night just thinking about it. At this point, I finally decided to withdraw from my set classes next year and to finish the units I still had left in the semester.

I wanted to tell Taehyung, my boyfriend for nearly four years now.

We had been so in love before I left for college continuation abroad and he promised this long distance relationship was going to work. But after a year of being away, I knew he was starting to get tired of it and me. He rarely calls and he doesn't even put the effort into talking to me. He says he's too busy, which I knew was true. He's been getting ready for tour and a new comeback. But even though, it would be nice to hear from him. At least an I love you.

I wanted to surprise everyone I was coming back home. Of course, I informed my parents that I wasn't finishing school abroad but no one knew the day I was coming back.

I finally arrived at the airport and decided to call someone also very important to me. Someone who'd actually pick me up from the airport at this time of day no matter what he was doing.

"Hello?"

"It's three in the morning over there, Jennie." I heard him groggily say over the phone. "Plus, I am fucking sleeping."

"I'm sorry." I apologized with a soft chuckle. "I just needed someone to pick me up is all."

It sounded like something broke from the other side, the sound of muffling hurting my ear drums.

"You what!"

I couldn't help the large smile that plastered on my face. "I'm just hanging around the airport. I could always take a cab if no one could pick me up."

"You're fucking with me." He panned in disbelief. "You're not here. I don't believe you."

"Want me to send a picture?"

"What— fuck.." I heard him choke on what sounded like air. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I would've held a huge coming back party for you."

I chuckled softly at his blunt sarcasm but hidden excitement. "I wanted to surprise everyone."

"Aww that's cute." He laughed. "You think that people would care."

"Yoongi-ah." I warned him with a laugh knowing he was just being a cranky dick. "Just come and pick me up."

"Let me just get ready and—"

"I can always take a cab."

"Okay fine." He sighed. "I'm on my way."

I waited patiently for Yoongi to come get me and I started to wonder how everyone else would react. I've always been close to Yoongi though. Before Taehyung became famous and all, he was always careful. Yoongi took care of Taehyung when he felt pressured in the dorm and I was grateful to him that he helped Taehyung out. And when Taehyung asked me out, Yoongi was the initiator. I was close to the other boys, but not as close as I was with Yoongi. I owe a lot to him.