We can't be that - Nochelle

Richelle's POV:

"I'm just gonna go grap some water." I smile at the other girls as I stand up. A few of them nod before they continue with the conversation.
I walk away from my spot on the floor, over to where I dumped my bag this morning, when I came.

As I open it I notice Noah walking over to me. Always nice with some company.
I smile widely at him, while looking around in my bag to find my waterbottle. He gives me a little smile back, but I do notice him fiddling a lot with his hands.

I stop what I am doing to give him a confused look. "Noah are you good?" He just nods, and as I was about to return to my bag he graps my shoulder, standing me up again. "Well actually I need to tell you something." He says even more nervous than before. "Sure, go ahead." I smile, guesting him to go on with my hands.

"Ok well we're best friends." He starts making me even more confused. "Yeah I'm aware of that." I giggle, and he chuckles too before placing his hands in his pockets. Then on his head. Then just by his sides. Ok seriously what's going on. "And we tell each other everything, meaning that I have to tell you this too." He says scratching his neck. "That sounds fair, what is it?" I am really curious, yet confused as it seems so wierd.

"Well just know that I am not expecting anything, I am just so tired of people keeping it inside." He explains looking me straight in the eyes. I nod and he takes a deep breath.

"I like you."

What?

"A lot."

What?

He can't like me. I mean that's wrong. We're best friends that's it. Best friends are not supposed to feel anything but friendship love for each other. Nothing more than that. I can't even imagine him as anything else. Like he is the brother I never had. I have always thought he felt the same way, but I guess not.

"I know that you won't like me too, but could you just please say something." He asks me with fear in his eyes. "Why?" Is the only thing that I seem to be able to get out. He sighs looking down, before looking me in the eyes again. "I'm sorry." He mumbles.
He shouldn't be sorry, I mean it's how he feels. There's really nothing to do about it. It's just so wierd. Like really wierd.
"It's ok, like you'll get over it." I start to ramble, but he just shakes his head. "Richelle you don't get it-" he begins but I cut him off with my ramble about how he couldn't possibly feel that way about me. "Noah it's just a little crush, we'll be fine. It will be over soon." He sighs looking up, before looking at me again.

At this point I am now walking around in my own tracks, telling myself and partly him that there is no way that this is real or anything like that. I must be dreaming. But why would I be dreaming stuff like this. "Richelle stop." He says walking over to me. I don't.
"No Noah, it's ok. Cause you'll be back to normal in less than a week. Like why on earth would you like me. We're like brother and sister. It's just a little crush Noah, it's normal. People get crushes all the time." He graps his head in frustration, looking annoyed down at me. Well sorry Noah, but that's just how it is. Yep it is. "Like as long as you're not-" I began but he steps in and graps my arms in his hands, forcing me to look at him.

"Richelle?"

I nod quietly.

"I'm inlove with you."

What?

No he's not, he can't be. Not inlove. Please tell me he's kidding.

His grip on my wrists loosens, and soon he steps away from me. My eyes are still glued to his, and his to mine.

I take my hand up to my mouth, so the sob won't escape my mouth. To late.
Tears are beginning to form in my eyes, and his too. Oh god this can't be it can it? No we're strong. I just don't know if we're that strong.

"No Noah, please don't." I wisper, tears now running down my cheeks. He just looks down, and I see a tear spill onto the floor. No no no please don't let this be real.
"It's ok. I might not get over it, but I'll find a way to live with it." He says looking up at me with a little smile. "I just want you to be happy." Cause that is what love is really about. Ugh I hate it when he is like this. He is the best friend I could ever imagine, and now it might never be the same.
"I want you to be happy too." I wisper, wiping away my tears with both hands. He nods again "I know Richelle."

"Noah you're lying to me! Why are you doing that?" I cry out starting to panic. "I am not!" He blurts out, with tears streaming down his face. Oh Noah don't cry, I hate that.
"Well then do something!" I exclaim. He gives me a "really" look "Like?"
"I don't know! You fell into it, fall out of it!" I say in frustration, there must be something to do about this stupid not so little crush. Ugh he is inlove with me. I can't believe it. "I can't just fall out of it! I'm sorry, I just can't!" He almost shouts looking down at me, "you're to important to me."

I let out a sob again, also letting some hair fall into my face.
I do kinda want him to take it away, but I don't know if it would be such a good idea. I just want the old Noah back. He could hug me and all that stuff without it being wierd.

Soon he takes his hand up to take away the hair in my face. He keeps his hand behind my ear, as his thumb rests on my jaw.

"What makes you sure that you're inlove with me?" I wisper quietly, looking up at him nervously. I don't know if I even wanna hear the answer.

"The fact that the urge to kiss you right now is killing me." I can't do this. I can't be with him. I can't pretend that I wanna be with him. Like I do wanna wanna be with him. I don't know it's just not right at all.
So I do the only thing that made sense in my head. I ran...