Window tapping - Bryles

Hey y'all!

It's been a little while. But anyways I just felt like I wanted to write so I did and well here ya go, a little one shot😊
Btw TYSM for 60k views on this book, that's insane thank you!!

On with the story👇🏻❤️

2 am on the dot. Briar's watch ticking softly into the emptiness of her room. Even though her room might be filled with girly furniture and her walls wrapped in flowered wallpaper, it wasn't hers anymore. She felt lonely. The past year she's had a pair of arms sneaking into her bedroom almost every night, to wrap themselves around her. Those were gone now. All she had now was her slightly pink and purple comforter, which was, unlike the name, not nearly as comfortable as the boy she missed so dearly. She was breaking. Briar Nolet was in the middle of a heart break, and she was breaking from the inside and out. At first it was hard to hide it. They would run into each other at school. And in the moment they're eyes locked, a foreign look would wash over both their faces, trying not to recall their time spent together. They really tried to forget, how Myles had so sweetly climbed into her room that one afternoon. They tried to forget, how he had kissed her, after ensuring her that everything would be okay soon. They tried to forget, how they had laughed over several milkshakes during their weekly dates at the local diner. They tried to forget, how they had lost themselves completely to each other, wrapped up in his dark blue sheets, the night he had turned 16. They really just tried to forget. But how could they. When so many memories were shared, with the one they loved the most.

Briar lies in her bed, looking blankly at the ceiling, going over their whole break up in her head. The same as she had done every other night for the past 9 days. He had come to her house late at night, when she was home alone. He had told her that the life he was living was dangerous, and that he couldn't have her get involved. He had told her that he loved her more than anything, which was why he had to break it off. "You're too important for me to lose," he had said, his voice cracking in the end. He had sat there trying to wipe away the tears running down her cheeks, kissing her quivering lips over and over again, till she had stopped crying and blankly told him to get out. He had refused, cause apparently she was in no condition to take care of herself at that time. She had said some things she didn't mean. He had said some things he didn't mean. It all happend in the heat of the moment. The fight had ended with Myles hastily picking her up, slamming her against the wall, showing her just how much he loved her.
That was nine days ago. Nine days since Briar had touched someone, since she had been touched. It was unbearable.

Briar was in the middle of wiping away a tear, when suddenly there was a tap on her window. It was so light, she might think she imagined it. Her head fell to the side, looking at her clock. It was 2.15, why would anyone tap her window this late. Then it came again. The sound of fingers tapping her window a little less careful than the last time, but still not loud enough to wake anyone who wasn't meant to be woken.
Briar didn't think before she let her legs swing to the side, quickly standing up. She had done this so many times before. Sneaking her boyfriend into her room late at night, making sure her parents wouldn't notice. Her feet knew the way. They knew where to step, so her wooden floor wouldn't crack.
She pulled the curtains aside, looking shocked at the person on the other side of her window, yet he was the only one she expected. His eyes were pleading, begging her to let him in. Little did he know, that he never needed any begging. She would let him in in a heartbeat, even if it wasn't good for her. She always had and always would care for him, more than anyone else. And Briar believed that they would find their way back together someday. They were soulmates after all. At least that's how she felt.

She as quietyas possible, opened her window before wispering, "Myles?". As she felt the cold air hit her naked skin, she quickly grapped him by the arms, and rather awkwardly pulled him into her room. They both stumbled to their feet, holding onto each other before she looked up again. He looked tired. His eyes were hazy and filled with tears, threatening to leave. His lip was torn, from biting it she guessed. His gaze was strained to the floor, refusing to look at her. They stood still, nose to nose, letting their breathing become one. "I'm so sorry," he cried, looking even more down, "it was rude of me to think that I could just burst in here after everything, but I really had no other-" she cut him off with a hand on his cheek, "what's going on M?" He stopped his rant immediately, face lifting painfully slowly, his eyes finally meating hers. This gave her a clearer look at him. She had to fight back tears, when she saw the red and blue marking around his left eye. "Mylo," she breathed, soothing her fingers over the mark, quickly removing her hand as he flinched. Briar knew all about his background with his father. They had had a rocky road. When Myles was fifteen, his dad had a big fallout. He would be yelling all the time, and punishing Myles for unreasonable things. It would get to the point where you would always find him with a bottle in his hand. It was truly heartbreaking to watch. Sure he had had problems in the past, but never this bad. And it wasn't untill Myles came to school with bruises that Briar had helped him with doing something. His dad was sent to prison for a few months, as to which Myles' mom and sister came home and stayed with him for a while, untill everything got better. In that period, he had spent pretty much all his waken hours with her. And his not waken hours to be fair. Briar's heart broke for him, and it was in that moment, she realised just how deeply inlove she was with the tortured boy, she had known her whole life.

"I'm sorry Briar-" he didn't get to say much more, before she had him wrapped up in her embrace. She grapped his hair and pulled his head to rest on her shoulder in comfort. Her hand ran in cirkles across his back, sneaking their way underneath his jacket. Myles' arms slowly came up to wrap around the small of her back, lifting her to him. His nose fell to her neck, where he took a deep inhale, taking in her scent. It was as he remembered. A mix between her strawberry shampoo and honey. God he missed that smell more than anything. In reality he just missed everything about her. Breaking her heart, including his, was the biggest regret of his life. He needed her more than anything. It was just a shame, that he didn't realise it untill he didn't have her anymore.

"Please don't ever apologise to me Myles," Briar sniffled into his collarbone, "not about this." He nodded softly, tracing his fingers along her waistline, where her shirt had exposed some skin. He knew that it wasn't right for him to be craving her touch, as they were no longer and item, but something about having his hands on her bare skin just soothed him. It made him calm and helped him to relax. She didn't seem to mind though. Her hand kept softly running trough his locks, messaging his scalp, before pulling him closer, backing towards her bed. "Come lie with me Mylo," she said, pulling back and grapping his hands in hers, "please, you need sleep." He followed her willingly, kicking his shoes off in the process, while she loosened his jacket, before letting it fall off his broad shoulders. They had done this so many times, though those were more heated and desperate. And they didn't just pull of shoes and jackets back then.

"It's okay," she reminds him quietly as they slip into her sheets. She wants to hold him, wants to kiss him, wants to take all his pain away. But she doesn't know if she should. They end uo, laying in comfortable silence, looking at each other thinking of everything and nothing at the same time. Briar swears she is going to kill Myles' dad the next time she sees him. How dare he treat the greatest, purest and most caring person on the planet like this. He really doesn't deserve Myles. No one does. She doesn't either. He's too good to her. Always thinking of her first, no matter what. She misses that. She misses to have someone care about her that deeply. It was just such a wonderful feeling. It made her feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

"What?" He asks in a quiet wisper, moving his hands between them. He must have noticed the tears behind her eyes, and the alight smile on her lips, as he looks at her with soft questioning eyes. I love you she wants to say. Because she does. She still loves him more than anything and anyone. She could never stop. It used to come so easy to her, she could just tell him whenever she wanted to. He was hers to love. He wasn't anymore. Yet she still did. She still loved him unconditionally. "It's okay," she wispered instead, once again strocking her fingers along his cheekbone. Her eyes soften at his tears, before she wipes them away with a quiet, "it's okay." He could feel her breath on his lips, when she told him over and over again that it was okay. It almost made him believe it. But it wasn't true. Nothing was okay, and he didn't just mean with his father.

"Briar I'm so sorry-" he started, but she wouldn't let him finish. "Myles I told you not to apologise for your dad," she said, tears running down her cheeks, making his heart ache. He took a deep breath before parting his lips again, before closing his eyes. "I'm not talking about my dad Briar," he says so quiet, she almost couldn't hear it.
"I'm lost without you," he sighs, strocking his fingers across her cheek and jaw, "you are my everything Briar Nolet, and I'm sorry."
Her eyes close for a while, letting him take in her features. Her eyelids are slightly puffy from crying, and her lips are still quivering with every breath she takes. How couod he ever hirt this beautiful girl. Briat Nolet is the love of his life. There was no one before her, and there is no one after her.

"I love you" she cries out after a few minutes of silence, making him breathless. Even though she has told him plenty of times before, it will never stop surprising him. That a girl so perfect could ever fall inlove with him. He wonders what he did to ever just deserve a second of her time.
"I love you too," he wispers back, his voice breaking in the end, letting his thumystroke her cheek once more, "more than anything."

They close their eyes, before digging their heads further into the pillows. Myles feels Briar's hand shift under the sheets, untill he feels it travel up his arm, intertwining her fingers with his.

Her room falls quiet, before she let's out one last breath.

"Kiss me."

I tried my best even though it's been long time since I last wrote something, but I hope it turned out okay😁😁
I hope u have a great springbreak/week (depends)❤️
i wrote this at like 2 am so sorry for any mistakes😅

Keep on rocking the world out there..🤘🏻🌍