Maid of honor (J-Hope) HIGH SCHOOL!AU

7 years old

      "If you had to live the rest of your life without eating your favorite food, but you could have any other food you want at the blink of an eye would you do it?" you asked the boy that was sitting on the sidewalk next to you. He stayed quiet not giving you a response. 

      This is how the last fifteen minutes passed for you. For some reason your mom promised the new neighbor that you would be great friends with their son and here you were, trying to talk to a literal wall of a kid. 

      He's even two years older, how is someone this shy at the age of 9?? 

        You pouted your lips and slumped your shoulders while gazing at the ground "Ya know...if you don't wanna talk, don't make me waste my time on you." you said and got up to dust off your shorts. 

      "When you decide you aren't a mute, come to my place to play." you said before leaving.

       Though you never expected the kid to cry to his mom about how rude you were, then she told your mom and oh boy...what an ass whooping that earned you. 

      You promised to never forgive Jung Hoseok for being such a baby.

   14 years old

      "Y/N!!!" Hoseok shouted from your school gates. He was in high school now, while you were still stuck with two years of the awkward middle school phase. 

      He had his new friends, first it was some tall nerd Namjoon, then Suga joined in and later you noticed that he hung out with two kids from some of your classes Jimin and Taehyung. They were quite a sight to see. Colorful hair from cheap color shampoo that looks as washed out as ever. 

      It was their thing...showing of some edgy rebel phase. 

      "Hi guys..." you waved to the group before turning to Hoseok. 

      "What?"

      "Wanna go out with us to the cafe across the street?"

      "I need to go straight home after school." you said and he held your hand after exaggerating his eye roll. 

      "Come on, I'll message your mom that you're with me."

      He didn't...he didn't message her, which resulted in you being grounded for a month. 

      He made up for it by buying you ice cream and coming to your place to watch all the movies that you would pick out. 

   16 years old

      So you were in your freshman year of high school, not popular, not unnoticed, but not noticed enough for Jeon Jungkook to see you too. 

      "God he looks so good..." you whispered to Jimin in one of your classes. 

      "Just give up on him, nothing good comes with that kid." Jimin warned you, but who was he to tell you what to do, right?

      Freshman year passed as the most awkward phase for you, causse let's just say you were a late bloomer, especially noticeable when all the other girls were already in their full potential when it came to beauty. And only the best goes with Jeon Jungkook.

      "Hobi...what do you think I'll look like when I like...I don't know...grow out of this babyface and chubby cheeks look." you asked Hoseok once while you were getting ready to watch a movie.