Far behind (One step ahead 3)(RM) CEO!AU

Drinking yourself into a coma proved to be a bad idea as soon as you woke up at 6 AM to get ready for your second day as a CMO.

      When did you even become an adult?

      Why did you ever move out of your parents house?

      Maybe being 30 and jobless wouldn't be so bad?

      Millions of thoughts were going through your head as you got dressed and did your makeup to try and look at least a bit human.

      The aftertaste of alcohol was making morning breath a lot worse, that you swore you'll be gulping mouthwash all day long.

      Once you were at work at 8 PM sharp, you were greeted by Hoseok looking equally dead at his desk.

      "I'm never going out with you again." was the only coherent sentence you could make out as you passed by him and into your office.

      Much like your morning, the whole day passed by with a constant sickness twisting your guts as if you'll puke any second now and proved to get even worse when you saw rain hitting your floor to ceiling windows.

      "You've got to be kidding me." 

      You walked out of the office to ask Hoseok if he had an extra umbrella he could lend to you, only to notice that the desk was clear.

      Only then did you remember the male waving to you when he was leaving earlier, when you should have left too, but the paperwork you were doing in your hungover state was taking longer than you anticipated.

      You gathered your stuff before dragging your feet to the elevator.

      Pressing on the button to call it, the door was quick to open only to reveal the reason of your hangover behind it.

      "Oh, I was just about to stop by to see if you left." Namjoon told you, skipping all casualties of greeting each other.

      "Did you need something?" you asked as you stepped inside, keeping quite a bit of distance between the two of you.

      "Wanted to check, how are you going home?"

      "I'm walking." you kept your answers short.

      "It's raining." he said, changing his tone a bit when talking to you.

      You turned to face him with a smile "Thank you for stating the obvious, I have an umbrella." you lied through your teeth, hoping that he'll take the hint and end it there.

      Both of you made your way to the exit, waving to the security guard before you stopped right at the door.

      He was a few more steps ahead of you before he turned around to look at your wandering eyes as you stared at the downpour.

      "So Hermione Granger? Gonna take out an umbrella out of that tiny purse of yours?" he laughed at the blush that was spreading over your cheeks once the embarrassment settled in as he called you out on your bluff.

      Huffing out a breath you stormed bast him and right into the storm in front of you, ignoring how fast you were getting drenched in rain.

      You had quite a bit to walk to even reach the gates to the buildings driveway, but you didn't give a damn and just kept taking long steps in your already ruined heels.

      Soon enough there was a car driving right by your side and the passenger window rolled down.

      "Y/N come on, don't be stubborn and get in." Namjoon was trying to be loud enough when talking from the drivers seat.

      "Just a second sir, I'll reply to you once we reach the gate." you told him to which he drove off to the gate and stopped right outside and waited for you.

      You came to a stop when he blocked your path, stepping out of the car and holding your hand till you ripped it out of his grasp as if you've been burned.

      "Can you tell me why the fuck are we standing here getting soaked?" he asked you.

      "Well now that we're technically not on your turf and you're kinda not my boss..." that was a lie, a complete lie. He was your boss in any case, but you refuse to acknowledge that now and hope that this won't get your ass fired on your second day.

      "I'm a strong and independent woman Kim Namjoon. I don't need your help and I certainly don't need your pity!" your cheeks were growing more and more red as the anger got to you.

      "I'm aware of that, but..."

      "No but's! You can take your generous personality and shove it up your ass, cause I don't need it." you said, turning around and continuing your walk through the rain, which seemed quite a bit easier now.

      He got into his car and soon enough it sped by you, successfully splashing you as if you weren't already wet.

      "Fucking asshole." you mumbled as you kept going.

      Luckily your little quarrel with your boss didn't result in you losing your job, but once you came to work, Hoseok's frantic digging through piles of paper on his desk was a bad sign already.

      "What's all this?" you asked him, looking over a bunch of contracts that you weren't supposed to look over till the end of the week.

      "That motherfucker wants these checked and approved by tomorrow morning." Hoseok kept swearing and looking up at the ceiling as if he was shooting daggers at his boss through it.

      You knew what was the cause of this, he wasn't gonna fire you, but he certainly had ways to make your life hell.

      "Bring these in my office, we'll do it together." you told him as you discarded your blazer, joining him at the coffee table where you were chilling only two days ago.

      Hours and many coffee breaks later you were more than half way done, but you told Hoseok he can go home on his own, that you'll stay after hours.

      He insisted on doing a little bit more, but you practically pushed him out of the office and he left.

      You don't know how much time has passed, but you were unfocused, staring at the sun had started to set.

      You really did have a pretty view from here.

      Your drifting thoughts were brought back to reality when someone knocked on your already open office door.

      Shifting your eyes from the windows you were met by Namjoon standing at your door.

      "I see you still have the habit of getting work done while blasting music. I could hear you upstairs." he smiled warmly.

      "Oh, I'm sorry, didn't think anyone was left behind." you said, eyes returning to the papers in front of you.

      "Anyways I came to bring you your new deadlines Miss 'I'm a strong and independent woman'. Good luck." he wanted to leave but you picked up the schedule and look over the dates.

      "Why is everything squeezed so close? Some of these weren't supposed to be done till next month!" you groaned and only got a chuckle from the man.

      "Well on my turf we play by my rules." and he was gone.

      If that's how it's gonna be, then so be it.

   And I'll post another one!!! Just gotta go get ready for bed first lol