Lake (J-Hope) FRIENDS TO LOVERS!AU

You could hear the car pull up into your next door neighbors driveway and even though you were too short to see over the bushy fence you knew who it was as soon as you heard the old lady that lives next door laugh gleefully.

      "Hobi!!!" you screamed, jumping off of your swing and running around the wall of greens, hearing equally mirthful laughs coming from the other side to meet you half way.

      When the other yard finally came into view you were tackled in a bear hug by the boy you were previously calling and lifted off of the ground.

      You wrapped your arms and legs around his own frail frame and kept giggling as he wobbled on unstable legs.

      Finally unwrapping your arms around his neck you stood on your own two feet and yet again hugged him, gentler this time around.

      "Your grandma said you weren't coming this summer."

      "Well that was obviously a lie. I'm here aren't I." he said, smiling wide at you.

      "Who says I wanted you to come though...?"

      Hoseok gave you a gentle smack on your head before he received a ear full on how he shouldn't bully you, from his grandma.

      "Y/N, are your grandparents home sweetie?" the elderly lady asked you and you nodded.

      "How about you go ask them if they wanna come along to the lake?" 

      Knowing your grandparents would agree you just shouted the invite to them and began pulling their hands.

      An hour later you were sitting on the small beach of pebbles and skipping rocks into the clear water, creating ripples and short lived bubbles.

      "I wish we could swim now." Hoseok said, looking at the water that reflected the sunlight in it.

      "Why don't we?" you asked as you got up and ran to your grandmother.

      When were you gonna enjoy these little bits and pieces of your childhood if not now.

      Begging only a few times resulted in your grandmother going through with her 7 year old grand daughters ideas.

      You shrugged your dress off and stayed only in your shorts before running off into the water with Hoseok following after you.

      You played around in the cold water longer than you should have, which resulted in both of your lips turning bluish from the cold.

      It earned you quite a bit of scolding from your grandparents, but you couldn't find it in yourself to mind as both you and Hoseok shivered under the blanket you were previously sitting on because of the lack of an actual towel to dry yourselves.

      "It's nice to have you back." you told the boy and leaned your small head on his bony shoulder, enjoying the last rays of the sun as it set at the end of the evening.

      The following few summers were the same, it was as if a small tradition was set in place.

      Sometimes you wouldn't swim in the lake, but none the less, the two of you sat on the end of the dock engulfed in one big blanket till the sun set and your grandparents called you out so you can go home.

      The tradition was very short though, because when you were 13 Hoseok didn't come back.

      "His mom said he went on some trip with his school, they have a summer program for ages 15 and above." his grandfather told you one day when you came to ask about the boy when July was slowly coming to an end.