I could lie (Jin) CHEATING!AU

"Oh come on it's gonna be fine. You studied for this all week." Jin nugged you as you washed the dishes, worrying your bottom lip between your teeth. 

      "Just shut up and let me repeat the answers in my head, I need to concentrate." you bit back, not holding back on your bitter tone.

      He didn't reply, he just shrunk back into himself and continued drying the plates that you were placing in front of him. 

      Stress. You'll blame it on stress this time.

      But what about the last few times when you were being harsh with him, with no reason in particular. 

      One time it was "I had a long day Jin, skip me with it.", he nodded.

      He only wanted to tell you that he finally found a job. 

      The other day it was "Why don't you just go out or something? Do something that doesn't include me Seokjin, you're suffocating me."

      Such harsh words for someone who wanted to cuddle while watching your favorite show on the TV.

      Stepping out of the kitchen, he went to your room and minutes later got out and waved to you from the front door.

      "I'm leaving for a walk."

      You just waved him off, not paying much mind to him.

      That repeated itself a few times over the following three weeks.

      "I'm going out." he informed, more on reflex than with any meaning.

      "Where ya going?" you were actually in a good mood today.

      "Meeting friends. Bye." he left.

      Which friends? 

      Was it Tae?

      You ran out a minute after him to come along, but saw Jin, down in the underground parking lot.

      He wasn't alone in his car, he leaned over the middle and kissed the girl in the car on the cheeks, lips close to her own. 

      You pursed your lips in a tight line, sighing as you turned your back away from them, ignoring the ache in your heart.

      Walking back up to the apartment, you were already rubbing at your damp cheeks before stepping inside.

      It felt like you were ready to rip your chest open, grab your heart and place it in his hands, swearing that every harsh word you ever said wasn't meant.

      The floor was cold against your hot body as you laid down, staring at the ceiling with tears slipping from the corners of your eyes, sliding over your cheekbones and down to your hairline in a undefined line.

      Hearing the echo of footsteps in the hallway, you got up grabbing your phone and laying on the couch.

      You couldn't stop the sobs, even if you tried.

      "Y/N?" Jin appeared behind the couch, looking down at you "What's wrong?"

      "Nothing...I was watching something. Made me sad." you forced a chuckle as you got up from the couch and walked over to him.

      "I'm alright." you told him and the warmth in his eyes gave some kind of comfort along with his arms wrapped around you.

      "It's gonna be okay." he laughed lightly and looked down at you pecking the tip of your nose.

      "God...I never see you like this these days. What made the change in attitude?" he smiled before you dug your nose back into the fabric of his sweater, but to your disappointment it no longer smelt like him.

      Instead a floral perfume clung to it, making your stomach twist in discomfort.

      "Let's go to bed." you said, taking the hem of his sweater and pulling it off of his body, throwing it to the side.

      Maybe you'll burn it later, maybe you won't, but right now the only important thing was to get your perfume on him and get rid of any trace of her.

      An hour later you were naked in the sheets, Jin's back turned to you.

      He would always be all over you after sex, this just felt wrong, but you're not letting go.

      You wrapped your arm over his waist, placing a kiss between his shoulder blades, and earning a soft hum of approval from him.

      "You're really acting weird today." he noted once more and you sighed.

      "Just feeling extra in love with you I guess."

      He didn't reply.

      A while later and you slipped out under the sheets and went into the kitchen.

      You were drinking a glass of water when you felt someone else slipping into the kitchen.

      "I can't sleep. Go back to bed." you told Jin without turning to look at him. 

      "I can't sleep either. I had something on my mind..." he started.

      "Y/N we need to break..."

      "Don't say it." you cut him off, your back still facing him.

      "We don't have to." you said "I saw you today...it's okay. I know I've been treating you like shit." you whispered into the tense air.

      "It's not...I mean..." he stumbled over words.

      "Okay..." he started over "Our relationship is shitty, but the thing that I have with her is what I need."

      "I could lie and say I like it like this, but the thing is, I don't. I don't want you to change only now when you saw that losing me was a outcome, I needed this attention earlier." he said, with tearful eyes. 

      "But I just don't wanna lead you on any longer and after that 'I love you' it only felt more awful to do." he said and let out a held in breath after. 

      "Okay..." you concluded that you're not getting him back.

      "I hope you'll be better without me."

      "Another day, maybe." you added with a humorless laugh in the end.

      He cleared out his stuff that weekend and gave you his keys.

      "I'll miss you." he spoke and you chuckled.

      "No you won't, don't lie." you laughed, pushing him out.

      "Y/N..." he stood in the doorway, with a box under his right arm and suitcase besides him.

      He reached over with his left arm, pulling your head closer to him and pecking your forehead.

      "I'll seriously miss you. Call whenever you need me, okay?" he stared into your eyes and you nodded.

      You didn't trust your voice right now, so it's best to not even open your mouth.

      And just like that he left. 

      Left your home and your life.

   Some kind of inspiration for this was the song When the party's over by Billie Eilish. I'm in love with the song and it's sending me into a spiral of depression.