Come out and play (Jungkook) FRIENDS TO LOVERS!AU

(It's a Childhood friends, High school, College AU, basically almost a whole lifetime AU.)

      When you were 8 years old, you were sitting on the stairs of your front porch as you stared down the moving van's that stopped at the house next door.

      For days all that you could see was white trucks going back and forth until finally one day they were gone and instead there was a single car in the next door neighbors driveway.

      It took mere minutes before their door slammed open and out came a raven haired boy running from his father before he was snatched up in the man's arms, engaging in a tickle fight in the middle of the front yard.

      You couldn't help but curiously peek through the fence as they played around, wishing you could do the same.

      The man caught sight of you and strolled over to your side, holding his son under one arm as if he was a sack.

      "Say hi Kook!" the man spoke up as you kept shyly hiding behind the fence.

      The boy looked at you, his bangs revealing his forehead and round eyes from the position his head was hanging.

      "Hii..." his smile was endearing even to your 8 year old self.

      "I'm Jungkook."

      That's when you met Jeon Jungkook, your overbearing next door neighbor.

      In middle school he'd stick to your side all day long, at first telling you that he needs someone to show him around and later arguing that he simply got used to your company.

      When you'd go home, he'd insist on holding your hand and 20 minutes after the two of you went into your own respectful homes, he'd be knocking on your door.

      "Can Y/N come out and play?!" he'd hold his soccer ball under one arm, eyes gleaming from joy.

      Your mother would hate to disappoint the boy herself so every single time she'd yell in the general direction of your room.

      "Y/N, Kook wants you to go play!"

      "I can't come out now, I'm doing homework!" your tiny childish voice would answer back and easily push a pout on Jungkook's face.

      "Another time...do you want a cookie?" your mom would try to comfort him, but he would politely decline and leave, kicking the ball ahead of him.

      Then when you were almost 15, Jungkook still found ways for you to hold his hand on your way home, but when the teasing from your classmate became too apparent, you straight out started rejecting holding his hand.

      "It's childish Kook. You're big enough to walk on your own."

      "But we always did..."

      "Well it's different now!" you didn't shout but your tone left no place for discussing it further.

      You both walked home in silence and Jungkook took the turn to his front porch without a word.

      "Have a nice night Kook." you spoke softly, only to get ignored by the boy.

      You stepped on your porch only to be greeted by your mother with a glass of wine in her lap and a book in her lap.

      "What was that?" she asked just as you started to think that she hasn't seen anything.

      "I don't know...I guess he's angry."