Rivals (J-Hope|RM) HIGH SCHOOL!AU

"Y/N!" your friend pushed through the crowds of students in the hallway, trying to reach you as soon as possible.

      "Hoseok is in a fight again! It's with that asshole!" your friend shouted and you threw your books back into the locker before you followed after her towards the other end of the hall.

      You could see Namjoon on top of your boyfriend, and you couldn't even tell who had the upper hand here, they were rolling around on the floor, not even minding all the eyes on them.

      Your eyes caught sight of your classmate Jungkook, Namjoon's younger brother. 

      "Do something for fucks sake!" you stepped forward and after a curt nod he stepped in along with you pulling Hoseok off of Namjoon while you stepped between them.

      "Just stop already! Why do you always have to cause a scene?!" you shouted, pupils quivering in fear beneath Namjoons angry glare.

      You knew that Hoseok wouldn't lay a hand on you, but when you were standing in front of your boyfriends biggest enemy, you didn't know what to expect.

      Your hands trembled where they were pressed onto his chest, pushing him away from Hoseok.

      "Please stop..." your voice was unsteady, but something about it caught Namjoon's attention anyway.

      His eyes locked down on your own and he sighed, shoulders falling down and relaxing.

      He wrapped his fingers around your wrists and gently shrugged them off of his chest, moving you to the side so he could look at Hoseok once again.

      "Fuck you Jung...Fuck. You." he pointed his index finger at Hoseok in a silent warning before walking off down the corridor.

      You looked over at Hoseok who was glaring at Jungkook.

      "Fight your own fights kid. Namjoon's not gonna be there to guard you all the time." he threatened whipping the blood from his cut lip.

      "Why would you even get in a fight with Kook?" you asked Hoseok as the crowd started to disappear. 

      "He's been buzzing around you far too much Y/N! And you know how I get when other guys are up in my business."

      "He's my friend Hoseok!!! Ya know...people I hang out with aside from you!" you said and stomped off with Jungkook's arm in your hold.

      The same night Hoseok called you, apologizing for everything he did and even talking to you up until you heard someone throwing pebbles at your window. 

      You opened it only to see him right under.

      "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, care to throw me the rope?" he said, meaning the rope that you hid under your bed when he climbed into your room at night.

      "I don't want you here Hoseok, you fucked up."

      "Pretty please...I'll make it better." he said and just like that, no more words needed, you gave in.

      You really shouldn't have.

      Too bad that realization only dawned upon you when you were walking through the school the next morning, with Hoseok's arm secured over your shoulder while he talked with his friends.

      The shame that washed over you when you saw Namjoon looking at you from across the hall was hard to ignore.

      It was as if his eyes were telling you a story about how you looked.

      Quiet, while Hoseok, being his loud self talked with his friends, you not even having a chance to jump into the conversation. 

      Your whole posture screamed trophy wife. Pretty, quiet, caring...

      Oh the shame you felt when his eyes raked over you, finally passing by you and shaking his head, somewhat disappointed.

      "I'm gonna go to class. Bye." you told Hoseok raising his arm off of your shoulders. 

      "K babe...Kiss?" he pouted his lips and you instead got up on your tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.

      The rest of the day went by quick since you were running errands for one of your teachers.

      You walked into one of the classes and saw that they were all empty aside from one desk where Kim Namjoon was sitting.

      "Hi." you waved to him and the teacher took the stack of papers you just brought in.

      "Sit here, I'll be right back." he said and left the classroom, you and Namjoon staying in tense silence, him sitting right behind you.

      "Why are you alone here?" you asked and he pointed at the board, for you to see the big letters spelling 'DETENTION'.

      "Helped my class cheat on the math test." he said and you chuckled.

      "Damn...could use some cheating myself." you chuckled, referring to the math tests that were coming up.

      "Yea...noticed that today." he spoke under his breath, but you heard him anyway.

      "Excuse me?" you asked, slightly put off by the meaning behind the words.

      "What? Not like I said anything wrong. He's obviously treating you like shit."

      "For your information Hoseok is a wonderful boyfriend, proved that last night." you said, remembering how he climbed up to your window just for a kiss.

      "Was that when you were alone or with his friends, cause it seems we aren't seeing the same Hoseok." 

      That made you stop and think for a bit, but none the less you stomped off to a seat further away from him, crossing your arms and looking straight ahead of you.

      When the bell rang Namjoon got up and stopped besides the desk you were still seated in.

      "Didn't mean to hurt you...I'm just saying..." he started of unsure of his own words and his approach to the whole matter.

      "Hoseok may be a good person, one on one, but he let's the hype and people get to him. People like that don't set their priorities straight." he said and placed a small paper crane on your desk.

      "If you were mine, you'd be at the top of my list." he smiled down before ruffling your hair and leaving the classroom.

      "See ya around Y/N, okay?" he spoke from the door, turning to you once more and you just gave a small nod, not really knowing how to reply when you couldn't even hear your own breathing over your heartbeat.

      This won't end well.

   I just feel the need to write this as a part where the girl is pretty, is popular, is caught between two gorgeous guys because she is fucking worth it and she is owning it. Swans don't always have to start from being ugly ducklings so they could develop some humility and be humble. I fucking own my shit every day I can, I think I have heads turning after me, and I can still hold my head down and stay thankful when someone gives me a compliment, because there will always be someone more beautiful than you. People need to learn that pretty or not, doesn't define how humble you are for owning good looks.