One step behind (One step ahead 2)(RM) CEO!AU

You were getting comfortable in your new office as you looked around the whole room and the view of the city.

      If someone told you that the Chief Marketing Officer would get you a view this nice, you'd be working twice as fast and hard to get here.

      "Hoseok, can you bring me coffee, make it something sweet." you put the phone down, before once again picking it up "And get something for yourself too, my treat." you added.

      A few minutes later he came in with two cups in hand and you motioned for him to put it on the small coffee table in the corner of your office.

      "Please, take a seat, I'll be right with you." you said and the male chuckled.

      "I see getting used to this role isn't hard for you. Already got the 'Boss bitch' attitude down." he made himself comfortable in one of the chairs before you skipped over to his side.

      "I know right?! Fuck I needed this promotion and I deserved it!"

      "As we know, being humble isn't one of your qualities."

      "Well it's not like you just met me today Hoseok, you've been dealing with my ego for the whole 5 years I've been here." you said, remembering the first day you met Hoseok when you just joined the company.

      "Yea, but back then I wasn't the one that had to bring your stuck up ass coffee." he whined.

      "Yea and now you need to be an ass kisser unless you wanna be fired."

      He gave a over exaggerated gasp before speaking.

      "You would never." he took a sip of his coffee before getting up to leave.

      "Well unlike you, I got work to do and by the way, you have an ass you should be kissing too." he said just as he was at the door.

      "CEO Kim said he wants to meet you once you've settled in, and it's time for some ass kissing of your own too." he winked and shut the door after him.

      You haven't had the pleasure of even meeting the CEO so far, even if you've been here for 5 years, it was always you higher ups job to talk to the CEO himself.

      Looking up at the clock, the day was almost at an end so it would be the right time to go now anyways.

      You took your blazer and purse before making your way one floor higher.

      That's at least where Hoseok told you to look for him.

      Glancing around you finally saw the big ass label on the door.

      Fixing your hair a bit and straightening your posture, you made your way inside, not looking at your new boss until the door was shut behind you.

      You turned around to greet the guy in front of you, only to stop any kind of movement when you saw who was sitting behind the big desk in front of you.

      He looked up, meeting your eyes and your stomach did flips that haven't been present ever since you graduated high school.

      "Namjoon?" a bright smile spread on his lips, showing off those familiar dimples and at that point you didn't even need an audible answer to your question.

      That was indeed Kim Namjoon sitting in front of you, hair colored a rich brown now, skin glowing, and whole aura around him as bright as ever.

      That was indeed Kim Namjoon who you were crushing on for the majority of your high school years.

      The same guy who rejected you because you were not quite his type.

      Maybe because your hair wasn't as pretty as other girls, or maybe it was your not so vibrant personality, or he fact that your skills or knowledge weren't up to par to his own expectations.

      Well cheers to never changing, I guess.

      Because here you were a few minutes ago, happy about your promotion and yet now you were dreading it because it's just one step behind Namjoon once again.

      "Y/N?" he snapped you out of your rage inducing thoughts as he got up to greet you properly.

      He shook your hand and put his hand gently on the small of your back to point you towards the seat across from his.

      The heat radiating off of his palm, sent your heart into overdrive, but it's not like you'll ever admit that to him again, nor to yourself at this point.

      "What brings you here?" he smiled and it took far too much will power to politely smile back.

      "I'm the new marketing chief...surprise." you finally decided that there was no point in dreading this conversation and that you should stay as professional in this situation.

      Plus, it's been years. And you don't hold grudges from high school.

      Except this one, but what Namjoon doesn't know won't hurt him.

      "Ah, I thought it was you when I was looking at the qualified workers!" he kept nodding his head as he observed you, "You changed a lot, if I didn't see the rest of your file, I wouldn't have known it's you, even when I did I was still questioning it."

      "Well I haven't changed that much." you refused to acknowledge your stomach doing somersaults from all the compliments.

      "From the second you came in your energy was like a slap in the face, bet you're familiar with that fact too." if it was another setting you'd probably consider this as flirting, but now you'll take it just as your CEO being impressed by what you bring to the table.

      "Would you like to grab a drink after work? I was just leaving." he offered and well, now it just might be flirting.

       "Ah, thanks for the offer, but I already made plans to celebrate my promotion with friends." you declined with a sweet smile on your lips, as you got up from the seat, the man across from you mirroring the action.

      "And we're not friends?" he raised a single eyebrow at you and you couldn't help but chuckle at the question making him further curious about you.

      "Sorry to burst your bubble, but we stopped being friends a long time ago." you tired to squeeze the politeness into that sentence, but it was impossible to do.

      He was quite a bit taken aback by your remark and he started to talk again after a second of recovery, "Is this about you asking..."

      "And frankly, nobody wants to get shitfaced in front of their boss!" you cut in before he could finished that thought, with wide eyes, hoping that he won't keep pushing that thought further.

      "Nobody admits to their boss that they'll get shitfaced on a weekday either." he was leaning over his table, the piece of furniture blocking his easy path to get to you as you walked away.

      Your hand was already on the doorknob when you turned around to finalize your conversation.

      "I'm an exception. Other than being a very hard and very capable worker, I have a hidden talent to never sport a hangover after a night of drinking." the shit eating grin on your face seemed to leave him speechless enough for you to slip out of his office and leave before he could catch up.

      Correction.

      You have a talent to not sport a hangover when you drink to have some fun and enjoy the night, but this time you might drown yourself in tequila just to wash this motherfucking crush away once and for all.

   Soooooo I actually really like this and it might be a longer series, which I'm also not against cause I'm on a good streak here and I'll update another chapter tonight.