Painting (Blood 3)(J-Hope) MEDIEVAL!AU

You stood in the great hall alone.

      The candles have long been lit since the sun was no longer perched up in the sky.

      Something about what the prince said stuck to you.

      It has been a week since Heiryung passed away.

      One day she was up from the bed, swearing on her very own life that she felt amazing. 

      She had even came into the kitchen to cook and spent the whole day laughing at what all the other girls had to say about the knights in the castle.

      And then she went to bed and never woke up.

      It hurt you, but you couldn't say that you didn't expect it.

      Seokjin stuck around and called for someone to carry her out of her bedroom and comforted you until Hoseok himself didn't come to the scene along with Jimin and old sergeant Park.

      "Have you moved her?" sergeant Park asked.

      "I told the maids to go get a few knights to take her to the basement." Seokjin answered, arm still wrapped around your form as you cried into his chest.

      It caused some discomfort in a certain someone that was also present at the scene now, but for now there were bigger issues to deal with.

      "I'll do it." sergeant Park stepped inside.

      "Be careful, she's already very stiff. She must have passed in the middle of the night." Seokjin warned and the man nodded.

      None the less he carefully picked her up, arms folded over her stomach, just as she was laying in bed.

      Seokjin then slipped away from your hold and you didn't know where to turn to not look at the corpse.

      A tiny bit of panic settled in, but as soon as it rose in your body it was gone with the feeling of another hand pulling your head into a warm chest.

      "It's alright...I'm here for you."

      Hoseok's voice was quivering.

      You suspected it was because of the grief he also felt for the loss of Heiryung, but the truth was, his hands were trembling and heart was pounding because of more gentle feelings towards you, and maybe the tiniest bit out of fear of his comfort being rejected.

      When your arms wrapped around his waist instead, he folded both arms around your shoulders one hand running down your hair.

      "It's okay. It's gonna be okay."

      That's the second where the warmth that Hoseok showed you piqued your curiosity, but it wasn't enough for you to connect the dots that later became clearer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

      You were in the kitchen when the back door slammed open yet again, but this time, it was in the late hours of the night.

      The last time you saw Heiryung was one night earlier and yet so much has changed in the last 24 hours.

      Now you couldn't sleep, o you ended up sitting in the kitchen, drinking glasses of water and avoiding nightmares that you would certainly have if you went to bed.

      You grabbed a knife from the table and sneaked a peek at the door from the kitchen.

      "Jimin??" you stared at the young male as he struggled to carry a intoxicated body into the castle silently.