Odd love (Namjin) POLY!AU

You took a deep breath as you stared at your parents porch.

      You could feel Jin's fingers intertwine with your own as Namjoon locked the car behind you.

      "It's gonna be okay, trust me." he told her as Joon patted your back to signal you to go ahead.

      You knocked on the door a few times and you could hear your mother running to open it for you.

      Your palms were sweating from the nervousness you were feeling.

      "There you are!!! I already thought you won't be...oh Namjoon. What a surprise, I thought it would be just the couple." she said and already you felt like you were off to a bad start when Joon gave a tight lipped smile.

      "It's nice to see you too." he chuckled as all three made their way in.

      You were sitting in the living room as Namjoon just walked around in circles.

      Even if he tried to hide it, he was more nervous now that he was in the house that had a picture of you and Jin on every flat surface.

      Jin and you were neighbors when you were little, which resulted in you going to the same preschool, middle school and high school.

      It was like one of those childhood crushes that grew into something much more bigger than you can imaging.

      Namjoon came into the mix right after college started.

     You and Jin went to the same university, but soon there was this guy that Jin met, that came over to your apartment to tutor both of you in classes that you struggled with.

      It was all going smoothly until one night Jin wasn't home on time and there you were sitting with Namjoon on the floor, writing down equations that were the least of your current problems.

      Namjoon decided to color his hair in a light brown tone a few days ago, at first it was shocking, but now when you've been looking at him for hours you couldn't help but swoon a little bit at the man in front of you.

      You ended up kissing him that night, laying on top of him and making out with textbooks underneath the both of you.

      Jin came home only a few minutes later to see you on top of Namjoon slowly kissing him, enjoying just the kiss with no further progress.

      The younger male hurried out of the apartment back then, not trying to cause anymore trouble and he didn't come back for the following few days.

      He didn't come until he ran into Jin on the campus.

      "You know, both of us still suck at math..." was the only thing Jin said.

      That night he was back, and was surprised to see that there was nothing awkward looming in the air, around the three of you.

      When he was at your doorstep, he was about to wave you off when you spoke up.

      "You know...I talked with him about what happened." you started off, feeling uneasy, but the look in Joon's eyes urged you to keep going, it showed that he was carefully listening.

      "I've been with Jin for years and I love him, but I guess I never had a chance to explore for something more and now that I have...it's...it's..." you stuttered.

      "Go on." Jin was the one to speak up behind you.

      "I love Jin, but I still want you too. I like you a lot actually. And he has nothing against it." you nodded over at Jin.