Friends (Jungkook) FWB!AU

"Keep your hand steady...eyes on the prize..." your vision twisted and turned, but it was nothing you can't take.

      The real issue was how much your hand was trembling as you held the ping pong ball.

      If only he would step back and stop rubbing his hands over the bottom of your back.

      "Just back off Jeon! I got this!" the crowd around the table was silent, and he raised both arms in defense stepping away, finally giving you space to breathe.

      One deep breath to calm your nerves, your vision is still unsteady, but at least your hand stopped trembling.

      Jimin was wiggling his ass around the last cup, trying to distract you, but you had your eyes on the prize.

      One.

      Two.

      And it's in.

      One second your deaf from the cheers and hoots, then you're turning around to celebrate with your beer pong teammate only to see him sucking face with someone.

      "Ah, seriously Jeon?!" you groaned, ignoring the small pain present in your heart. It was as if someone was poking your heart with a small needle, making it deflate in size.

      "Did we win?!" he asked, ripping his lips away from the girl in front of him.

      "Yes you man whore! Jimin and Joon will be doing our next three assignments!" 

      "Awesome, let's have a toast..." and he was pulled back into a kiss, unable to pull away again, with how the girl was holding him by the neck.

      Not that he was giving much of a fight, either way.

      You migrated back into the kitchen to find yourself another drink because the encounter had a sobering effect on you, more than you would be willing to admit.

      Drink by drink, the energy started to pull you back to the living room where people actually socialized, making you do the same.

      You were hanging out on the couch with a cute guy. His name was Hyunjin if your intoxicated memory served you right. 

      A few minutes into the talking and the two of you were practically breathing in each others breath, staying decent enough not to make out in this stuff place, with all the people around you.

      "Are you ready to go?" you could hear Jungkook talk behind your back.

      "What? I don't wanna go home yet." you say, eyes still trained on Hyunjin, who's attention didn't waver from you either.

      "Then find another ride home, I'm bored here." Jungkook added that regular bratty whine to it.

      You knew he didn't give a single flying fuck if you came with him or not, but he was pulling at your heartstrings unknowingly, like you were his puppet.

      You rolled your eyes, pulling away from Hyunjin to stand up.

      "I'm sorry..." you trailed off, not quite knowing what to give the boy in front of you as an excuse.

      "It's alright, I'd offer to drive you home, but I also came with a friend. It's fine." he smiled up at you, eyes disappearing.

      "Thanks..." you leaned down kissing him on the cheek "...for keeping me company."