Lies (J-Hope) CHEATING!AU

It was all filled with loud crashes of metal against metal, breaks screeching against wet concrete, rain hitting the road, it was abusing your ears. Sparks of fire flew everywhere and your eyes were squeezed shut before the pain settled in for a few seconds, then numbness, then nothing but darkness. 

      Darkness all around you and silence everywhere, before you were met by lights and Hoseok was right there besides you, holding your hand. 

      Pearly white gates were ahead of you and you reached to open them but then you saw the lock on it and on it was a quote engraved.

"Those who think it is permissible to tell white lies soon go colorblind."

      Hoseok looked over at you in question and then a voice popped up behind you and when you both turned around you saw a man in all white smiling at you. 

      "To enter the gates of heaven you have to retell the lies you said to each other in your lifetime." he said and disappeared in thin air. Then stacks of books crashed down from the sky and after it a small piece of paper fluttered down and into your hands. 

      "I guess I should start first, since I have a lot of more lies to cover." Hoseok said and gulped, feeling the weight of the situation push down on him, making him feel so small.

      "I don't mind cooking."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Clouds started forming up around you, resembling two bodies. Hoseok and you. You were teasing him, begging him to cook, and finally he complied.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      "I mopped the floor."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Once again you were met by his cloudy figure sitting on the couch watching a movie and your doubtful figure with crossed arms staring at the floor that he obviously didn't mop and it honestly seemed so funny now even if you were pissed back then.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      "I ate, don't worry."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Two bodies, connected with a telephone wire. He never had the time to eat properly when you weren't there to pester him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      Slowly the white lies slipped into a undefined grey. "I went to see my mother."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      The cloud shifted from one old lady to a group of guys in a bar, but it's fine, it's completely okay to want to let loose sometimes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      "She's just a friend." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      The cloud that resembled Hoseok was hugging someone, someone that wasn't you anymore, because your cloud was sleeping alone in a king sized bed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

      "I was with the boys."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

      Hugs turned into kisses, into touches, into everything that you should have been receiving at the time and yet you remember every single time he returned to you and every bit of perfume that you smelled that didn't belong to you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      "You're good enough for me." 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      That one stung deeply, but every other went deeper than the one before it, making one big crack in your heart stand out. It was there for a long time, but always hidden, always healed with hope. 

      Hope that what you thought wasn't true, that imagination was just a curse for making you think of all these things that Hoseok has been doing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

      "You are beautiful."

      "I really do love you. Always have."

      "I didn't cheat on you!"

      It went on for hours, lies ranging from white, into a light grey, slipping into concrete grey, ugly and shady, and finally black and stone cold lies. 

      He truly became colorblind, incapable to sense when a lie grew too big. You knew all of them, sensed them coming for a long time, but hoped for change that never came.

      You brought up your paper and with trembling lips read the four tiny words written in neat handwriting.

      "I trust you, love."

      And just like that the lock on the gates snapped open and the pearly gates welcomed you, no longer as lovers, no longer happy...just there, just empty souls, one equally drained as the other. 

   What do you think? I thought it was like a minor change from what I usually do. Speak your thoughts on it in the comments!