Stranger (In disguise 3)(Jungkook) NEIGHBOR!AU

(This low key has some small GANG!AU vibes, but whatever.)

      You dreaded sunny days that came with an unannounced downpour of rain.

      The tank top you wore was uncomfortably clinging to your skin as you carried bags of groceries from the convenience store around the corner.

      Your sweatpants were no longer grey but a disgusting color that matched the wet pavement and yet you have barely been walking in the rain for five minutes.

      You kept pondering how big of a mess you'll make in your apartment when you stepped in, and quite frankly you'd rather drop dead and drown in a puddle.

      You weren't in the mood to mop the floors again, especially when you did it this morning.

      The familiar black car slowed down besides you doing a U turn in the empty street and opening the door for you to step in.

      "Get in idiot, you're getting soaked." Jungkook opened the door, which you only closed with a small push of your leg.

      "I'm already drenched in rain, and I'm close to home. I don't need a ride." you shouted when he rolled down the window to give you a confused look.

      He shook his head in distaste and drove off ahead of you, only to park a bit down the street right in front of your building and hop out of the car.

      You saw him running up to you with an umbrella and once he reached you he grabbed a few of the bags you were carrying and shielded you from the rain.

      "You don't have to..." you began to argue, stepping away from him to not get him more wet, only for him to throw his arm that was holding the small umbrella around your neck and pull you a breath away from him.

      "I'll get you wet."

      "And who gives a fuck?" he said as you climbed up to the front door.

      You could feel his gaze on the back of your neck as you unlocked the door before turning around to grab the bags that he held away from you.

      "I'll bring these up for you." he pushed past you and you could feel twists in your stomach, not knowing if it was fear, anger or anxiety getting the best of you.

      You walked up to the door, Jungkook was standing aside, watching your hands tremble as you unlocked the door and stepped inside, your mopped floors long forgotten.

      "Where can I put these down?"

      "Just leave them here." you motioned to the floor, eyes trained to stay on the ground much rather than look at the man in front of you.

      "Why are you so quiet suddenly?" he asked once the bags were out of his hands.

      You looked up at him, heart clenching in your chest.

      You did your best to stay out of his way for the past five days, fearing to find out something you didn't want to know.

      Texts you got went unanswered, pebbles against your windows were ignored and all you were stuck with was peeking through blinds only to see Jungkook sitting on the stairs leading to his building and smoking, as if he was waiting for you to pass by or come out.

      Your blinds stayed shut, avoiding any single trace of the man that was now looking down at you, pain seeping right out of his eyes.

      "What happened gorgeous?" he continued when you didn't answer him, his hand coming up to gently run over your cheek.