Love me

'Cause if you want to keep me,
you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta
got to love me harder

What is this sense of... loneliness?

A delicate cloud of warm vapor dissipated into the chilled atmosphere almost as quickly as it had formed. Heaving a large sigh, you watched another one of the puffs of breath vanish into the icy air, leaving you with the obligation to breathe another fog into the frigid air. You squirmed in your chair, your natural impatience beginning to get the best of you as you rest your chin into your palm with a glance to the clock mounted onto the wall above you. You released a long breath, watching its mist muddle with the crisp air that had seeped into the barren room.

Of course, Sasuke wasn't the type to express his emotions too thoroughly, especially with ones he cared for. And you had realized this easily after a few precious moments shared with him, most likely due to the blunt responses he had muttered out after your questions. 

Even as you had decided to accept the mans odd ways for the sake of your undying devotion towards him, there was always still a tug at your senses alarming you to wake up from your childish daydream.

If he had wanted to be with you as badly as you craved to be by him, shouldn't he try harder to win your affection and love? Why should he act so indifferent around you? 

then again, as you had told yourself before, Sasuke wasn't one to trip over his feet to impress someone. Perhaps he simply didn't know how to express himself to you. Then again, he was a well-known criminal about the town, and certainly had expressed himself quite a few times due to the crimson staining most of his shirts.

You craved for him to speak romantic and passionate words to you, to make you feel as if you were the only one for him. For him to sweep you off your feet like a prince dressed in shining armor and to whisk you away from such a horrid world. 

somehow he did that without even trying to, with his small acts of love. A simple rose he'd hand you, bringing you a lovely dessert or coffee or hot cocoa in the morning, or even lacing his fingers with yours when you walked down the street.

Your thoughts were interrupted as the door lightly clicked with the signal of entrance, and gently swung open. You glanced over your shoulder, meeting a pair of steely grey orbs that shone bright with... relief? Alleviation? His eyes were unreadable most of the time, but for some reason they seemed different at the moment. In his arms he carried a bundle of roses, and a box which you could smell its heavenly scent from where you were seated at the table. He shut the door behind him with a soft thud, a small tick signaling the lock.

And if you really need me,
you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta
got to love me harder

A heavy silence draped itself over the atmosphere, not finding itself useful as the tension between both of your forms grew greater to the point of breaking. He approached you slowly, footsteps quiet from years of stealthily sulking around for precious items. "I'm back," he murmured, a husky tone lacing with his voice as he set his items down before you.

"You've been gone for a week," you said softly, averting your gaze from the many slashes he had in his overcoat as well as his under-clothing and instead focusing on the bundle of roses he set down gently before you.

"There was something going on with the gang," he said, shuffling to the other side of the room where he shed his large coat.

"And that doesn't give you the right to leave me here worrying for days while I sit here like some goddamn lost puppy waiting for you to come back from your escapade with your stupid gang," you said, voice steadily rising with each word as you stood from your seat.

. A thin eyebrow of his rose with curiosity at your sudden forwardness as he donned his cloak onto a chair before striding towards your defiant stance. Deciding to continue, you drew in a courageous breath as you glared up at his smug expression. "I try to put up with your habits and your whereabouts, but honestly I'm starting to get sick of it."

"Is that so?" he hummed softly.

Flicking your gaze over to the side, you nervously dragged your tongue over your dry, chapped lips. "Yes. And frankly, I don't appreciate the way you've been treating me. I'm not a rag or some inanimate object you can just use. I'm a living, human being who needs something more, especially since I look up to you so much and try my best to make you happy despite the issues going on around town." 

You took a deep breath, crossing your arms tightly over your chest as you snapped your gaze onto him once more. "You need to prove that you actually care about me, or else I'll forget you and walk right out that door without another word."

The thick, heavy silence returned once again, this time accompanied by the soft chirping of the birds flitting about outside. He brought his hands down, softly grasping your shoulders as he glanced off to the side. Suddenly, he brought your form closer to his, encircling you into his strong and proud embrace as your head rest against the crook of his neck and he nuzzled his face into your soft and silky hair. 

"I promise I'll try to," he whispered softly. "I love you, and I'll prove it to you if it's the last thing I do."

Baby, love me harder
Love me, love me, love me
Harder, harder, harder