Cheater

I'd take another chance,
Take a fall, take a shot for you, oh, oh.
I need you like a heart needs a beat,
But it's nothin' new,

If time could change, he'd do it all over again.
If life would let him, he'd do it differently.
But he can't, and he never will.

He missed her oh so dearly. His only wish was to turn back the clock and erase all of his thoughtless, idiotic and foolish crimes against such a pure and innocent soul like hers. 

What had she ever done to not deserve his undivided attention and devoted adoration, and instead be lied to without any pity? He now understood he that loved her.

 That he needed her. She was his only last hold onto life itself, keeping him from staggering into insanity, and he did nothing but take her for granted and abuse her kindness and generosity.

 What kind of a man was he to do such things to a virtuous spirit, filled with so much life and energy? What kind of man would put a beautiful person such as yourself in so much pain and sorrow and torture, all to feel the simple thrill of a strangers body pressed flush against his?

Why was he stupid and naive enough to loose something so precious and dear to him? A glimmering diamond in a vast sea of charred coals, a brilliant star in the inky black darkness of the midnight sky, a blossoming ruby rose in a field of jagged and prickly thorns. She was unique, special, beautiful, and he had lost you to his unsatisfied sensual desires.

Dark onyx hues flitted from the glass filled with liquor to the brim, to the shiny dark wooden counter glazed with polish and sweat from the drunkards. He lazily dragged his tongue over his dry and chapped lips with a various assortment of incisions in the peach-tinted skin. Gazing over his shoulder, he glared at the familiar faces loitering about the busy bar.

The whores with far too much make-up decorating their features, the drunks with their taciturn forms stumbling about the room, too much of in a buzz and stupor to formally recognize their surroundings or use any manners they had acquired over their lifespan. 

He hated his life. 

Every single millisecond he spent without her cheerily smiling by his side, he hated it. He wanted her beside him, to hold him, to love him, to make him feel like he was worth more than the despicable human he was.

I loved you with a fire red,
Now it's turnin' blue
And you say...

It was almost as if sakura were standing right across the bar, only a few feet away. But wait... why was this hallucination so much more realistic than the past few he had? And why had every little detail and feature engraved into her visage appear so complete, so whole? Could it be that he was finally losing it, or had she suddenly popped back into his life again, possibly to give him a second chance? 

Deciding it was now or never, he hastily stood from his stool at the bar, holding onto the counter as he slowly approached you, as a clumsy child would to a delicate butterfly. 

"Sakura?" he whispered softly, gentle taping the woman's shoulder as he ran a paled hand through his raven sweat-slicked tresses. As she turned slowly to meet his wide-eyed gaze, his lips parted in awe at her radiant beauty.