Damm I think I love her

8255 WORDS YALLL!!!

Sakura POV

I loved mustard with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

It was a weakness of mine, to say the least. That tart, delightfully acerbic taste coupled with the pungent smell of zesty flavor was enough to make me go weak at the knees with the joy that only the yellowest condiments could bring.

Which was why I was so remorseful to admit the origin of this intense obsession, the thing – or person, in this case – that started it all.

"You," I muttered bitterly.

He smirked and then raised an eyebrow questioningly, as if my answer wasn't enough for him. And of course, it wasn't. Nothing was ever enough for sasuke. "What was that, sakura?"

We were in our creative writing class at the moment, forced together as partners for the day. We were supposed to be writing essays on something that we loved, and I had chosen mustard.

I had been thinking about choosing neji, my boyfriend of one-and-a-half years, but once I started writing it, all I could come up with was, "neji is perfect in every way."

Then, I had gone on a long spiel about how the only thing about him that  wasn't  perfect was the fact that he had just about the most annoying best friend in the world.

I clenched my teeth together in a desperate attempt to maintain my composure.

I would not be immature or show my overwhelmingly vast disdain for my boyfriend's best friend. I would not stoop to his level.

"I said you, you arrogant, irritating, infuriating, good-for-nothing, pea-brained poop."

Damn it.

"Come on, Peanut," sasuke said, still sporting that infuriating smirk. "You don't think I'm a poop. You think I'm devastatingly good-looking and ridiculously clever."

I couldn't help it; I blushed. Horrified, I ducked my head so that he couldn't see. "Don't call me that."

"Oh? Would you prefer a nickname? Pea, perhaps? Or maybe Nut?"

"How about I call you Ugly-Face?"

That insult was one of my particular favorites. However, the sad fact was that despite the ugliness of his manners, personality, and bleak soul, his face was not quite as repulsive as I claimed.

Not that he was perfectly handsome or anything. Sasuke was good-looking, to be sure, but he was no neji.

Neji was gorgeous and flawless from his head down to his toes, enough so that sometimes I wished that I myself were more perfect looking, that my weird pink hair weren't quite so odd, or that my eyes were a more definite, deep color, rather than just a light greyish green.

While neji had perfect, long brown hair, sasukes hair was dark, messy, and always seemed to be sticking up in random places.

Neji had beautiful brown eyes that showed his emotions clearly and accurately, and sasuke had black, almost blue eyes that always seemed to be deep in thought and far away.

I never knew where I stood with sasuke, and he was almost always impossible to read.

Still, there seemed to be quite a few girls who were madly in love with him, not just because of his dark looks, but also because of his personality. Which was strange, considering he was arrogant, obnoxious, and had an ego the size of Alaska.