Run away with me.

It had been well over a year since you first started hanging around the uchiha clan and all of its members.

 Just as sasuke had always worried they would, nasty little rumors began spreading throughout your village. In less than a month's time, the entire town had been convinced that your relations with the uchiha and its clansmen were anything but pure.

 Trying to save your already heavily stained reputation, your family forbade you to leave the house without an escort. There was no going out alone, no wandering off during the night, and absolutely no contact with anyone associated with the Uchiha allowed. 

For the two and a half weeks, you'd been a prisoner in your own home. You were falling into a depression so deep, you no longer wanted to get out of bed in the morning. Despite this, your family could not be swayed to loosen their tight grasp on you. They were sure, that with time, you would forget about the friends you'd made, just as they hoped the village would.

Staring blankly out of your second story window, you watched as a thick layer of clouds slowly started to cover the sun. The sky was already dark, but now the sun was blocked out completely. Only seconds later, the rain began its lazily descent to the ground. The gloomy, depressing weather mirrored your own mood. 

"I don't even know why I bothered to wake up this morning." Standing from your window seat, you pulled your robe tightly to your body and took in a deep, yet terribly hollow feeling breath. 

With nothing to do, and no way to ease your sorrow, you dropped down to your bed and pulled the covers over your head. You'd been awake less than an hour, but you fell back asleep instantly.

Some time later, you woke to an odd squirming in your bed. "W-what the Hell?" Confused and still slightly asleep, you sat up and threw off your covers. Down by your toes, was a familiar, more than welcomed sight. 

"manda!" Thrilled to see the tiny snake, you scooped him up in your hands and did your best to hug him. "I've missed all of you so much. If only I could speak snake." 

As you snuggled his small, scaly body against your cheek, you noticed what looked like parchment wrapped around him. "What's this?"

You removed the paper from mandas slithering body and unfolded it as he inched his way to the very top of your head. There, written in Sasuke's handwriting were the words "Look outside". 

"Outside? But it's storming out there, surely he isn't..." Fumbling off of your bed, you scrambled to your window, opened it and looked down. Standing just outside, completely soaked, was Sasuke. 

Just seeing him there brought the brightest, happiest smile to your face imaginable. It was actually difficult for you to keep yourself from squealing. As happy as you were, and as much as you wanted to be with him, you knew it was a horrible idea for him to be there. 

"What are you doing? You know I'm not allowed to see you. If my family catches you, we'll both be in trouble."