Finding forever.

This one shot is extra long bc I haven't updated in a month, I'm currently editing my other books right now but I haven't forgotten about this.

"Tell me you are not where I think you are." Sasukes voice echoes out from the speaker of her phone.

Sakura smiled sheepishly, noting her surroundings. The wall of kennels, filled with cats of various ages and colours look back at her.

The one in the middle, labelled 'Hank', a grey tabby with white markings and long fur, turns over on his back exposing a large white belly.

Her heart explodes at the cuteness.

"Fine, I won't tell you." She replied blithely.

This is her happy place, the cat adoption center at the pet store. It's where she come when the world is falling apart.

Unfortunately, somebody doesn't exactly approve. But today is the day.

Shes going to do it.

Shes getting a cat and there's nothing sasuke can say to convince her otherwise.

She began to hear a sigh on the other end of the line, "sakura…"

"Nope, I have no time for reasonable arguments. I just want to fill the emptiness of my life with unconditional love. I think I'll name him  Captain Fluffypants …or Rhett Butler. I haven't decided yet, it depends on how cute he is." She said as she steamroll over his protest, looking back at the selection of furballs.

"Resist the call of the cat. You don't need a cat." He repeats, in a clear and decisive tone and she tried to resist the urge to scoff.

"I think I do. I've given up. I'm going to live out the rest of my sad spinster years in sweatpants and surrounded by cats and I'll laugh at all of their quirky high jinks! Every single one!"

"One bad relationship does not mean you'll be alone forever."

"I won't be alone. I'll have Han Solo…that's a good name right? I'll tell him I love him constantly, and he'll meow back that he knows. It's perfect. And it wasn't just one bad relationship. It was a lot of bad relationships."

Sasuke groans so loudly she had to pull the phone away from her ear. "Have you considered therapy?"

"Have you considered that the entire male population is terrible?"

She knew to ignore his yelp of anger and continued her rant. "No offense, sasuke, but I've been a witness to all your doomed relationships. You're my best friend, but you're the worst when women are involved."

"The worst? Girls know exactly what they're getting when they go home with me. We enjoy each other and then go our separate ways. I never lie to them and promise a future. It's just sex."

"And that's the problem most men have. They want the sexy nympho to come over, screw their brains out, and leave the next morning."

Sakura choose to ignore the scathing glance of the elderly lady picking up a bag of food in the adjacent aisle.

An older gentleman joins her and her face just lights up, and sakura just wants to cry.