Rejection

Something I thought randomly

2468 word count

Here she is.

Here is another girl confessing her love to Sasuke uchiha, who is just about your best friend. And it probably doesn't help that he is, like, one of the most popular guys in school, and it's probably because of how he is uchiha, how optimistic he is, and how he happens to be the hottest guy out of all the guys in the whole entire school.

Yep. That last reason is definitely a reason.

And the poor girl is probably going to get rejected...but she is going to cry for about two days and then return to say that it's okay, she understands. And she hopes to at least be friends.

And he'll smile and say yes.

Happens every time.

"H-hey, Sasuke?" she asks softly, holding her hands gently. She is about three shades darker than the tomato Sasuke holds in his hand, the one only seconds ago, he was about to eat. And then she interrupted his daily practice.

 "Sasuke, you should know that I...I love you!" She holds out a brown paper bag from the market; inside are an assortment of tomatoes of all sizes. 

"I...I know that I am n-not good enough for you, b-but you need to know! And I'm not asking to be your girlfriend! I could only dream of that! B-but...I want you to consider at least one date. J-just...one. Please."

He looks at you.

You shrug, though you want him to say no. As horrible as it sounds, you enjoy having him reject these girls. This means that you're one step closer to having him all to yourself.

Besides, your parents are coming for dinner tonight. You live with your grandmother, and this is the first year that your parents are going to meet your best friend. They're insanely excited, especially because your mother has seen was he looks like and says he looks extremely cute. 

"Yes," he says, and you feel like throwing a brick at someone's head.

Yes?! Maybe his head hurts and he isn't thinking straight, and he thinks "yes" means "nunca en toda mi vida"! Besides, he knows that today is a special night anyway! You rarely see your parents, and...and...

But he smiles at her and accepts her gift.

So, he isn't confusing anything. He legitimately wants to go on a date with this chick.

He must've forgotten about how special today really is.

She seems just as shocked as you do. "R-really? When? Tonight? W-what time?"