Wingman

You were known as the sweetheart of the first years, an easy spirit with a contagious smile and the ability to make anyone's heart skip. You had a golden heart, and unfortunately, you were adorable. The word always tasted strange on sasuke's tongue, but there was no other way for him to descriBe her

It seemed everything about you was the complete opposite of him, but no matter hard he tried to avoid you, you were always there. Always in his general area, always smiling to him. He hated it. He hated the way you made him feel.

Fuzzy, light, more calm than usual...all things he despised. He wanted to blame her for this but looking back at it now he realised that it wasn't very rationalt.

So there was only one other explanation, but he would never admit that he had fallen for the same girl so many other guys were pining for.

Another thing he hated about you.

Of course it had to be the "sweetheart" that his heart throbbed around, of course. It would never be some no-name Loser that stood out of the spotlight. No, it would be the girl that was constantly visited by twitterpated boys. 

The girl that had no problem talking to them as if they were best friends. Spineless. Why would he ever like someone like you so much?

"Yo, sasuke!" Naruto waved his hands in front of the uchiha s face, making the latter student growl in annoyance. He was brought from his thoughts back to the bustling school cafeteria. 

"WHAT?!" he barked, noticing Naruto seemed to be more chipper today. He didn't even flinch at his outburst.

"I asked when you were going to confess to her!" he replied, taking another large spoonful of rice. sasuke blanched.

"Shut up, will you! I don't have shit to tell anyone," he frowned, stabbing his chicken with more force than necessary. Naruto was still grinning like an idiot despite the fact his rice nearly got knocked over when the table was jostled.

Something was up.

"Is that so? So you don't have anything at all to tell her?" he pressed. Sasuke narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"No. Why the hell does it matter?"

"Because I'm going to ask her out after classes today!" the blonde cheered, eyes burning with determination. his face flashed with shock before he was growling in warning.

"No you fucking won't," he warned lowly, fork still stabbed into the poor fried chicken. naruto chuckled as he leaned back, his eyes suddenly darkening.

"Watch me," he grinned dangerously as he stood from the booth. The grip on the aluminum fork tightened until the poor piece of silverware was bent in his steaming hand, teeth grinding in anger. His glare was pointed at narutos back as he walked away.

"I'LL KILL YOU, DIE ALREADY!"

-

'That bastard. Who does he think he is? Like hell I'll let him take her away from me...What the hell am I even thinking right now?'

Yelling out his frustration, sasuke slammed his fists against the nearby wall, letting off a small explosion so he didn't destroy the wall. He had began his journey back to class, bitter and sour after the exchange at lunch. He definitely needed to blow off some steam now, preferably towards a certain blonde haired dobe.

What was he even worried about? Who cares how she feels?

'It's not like she would want me OR him. She's turned down every guy so far. But she definitely doesn't deserve a dumbass like him.'

A sudden hand on his shoulder surprised him; however, he didn't startle. Instead, he felt himself instantly relax, his muscles feeling heavy and his eyes wanting to close. He knew exactly who it was.

"Get the fuck away." His words were missing their usual bite.

"You going to tell me what that wall did to you?" Your teasing voice confirmed his suspicions, but it didn't make him feel any better. His heart throbbed as his teeth clenched.

He hated these feelings. It felt like there were invisible strings connecting you two, pulling him closer the more he tried to resist. You were everywhere he went, even at the stores on the rare occasions he shopped with his mother- he got tomatoes out of it so it was a win win.

He couldn't get away from you, away from this burning need to be near you. Away from this feeling of vulnerability.

"Fuck off already," he tried to growl, but your hand on his shoulder kept him calm against his will. Releasing his shoulder, you retracted your hand and gripped your sleeve.

"Sorry about usi-"

You were instantly cut off by a hand grabbing your wrist. Eyes wide with surprise, you held your breath as Sasuke looked you dead in the eye. His eyes were narrow, his lips in an angry pout.

"Go out with me."

...

"What?" Your face flushed deeply, heart racing. The uchiha growled.

"YOU HEARD ME, DAMNIT! I won't say it again! It's for your own good!"

"Where is this even coming from?!" The n Sasuke suddenly froze, releasing your wrist as his eyes widened. His head suddenly whipped around, looking behind him. His face paled when he saw another person in the hall.

Not far from where you two stood, naruto stood with a grin on his lips. He knew it would just take some prodding for sasuke to finally accept his feelings. It was obvious how he felt, so naruto would do what any good friend does . 

He became the best wingman ever.

naruto wiped away a tear from the corner of his eye as he turned on his heel and walked away victoriously. Behind him, the seething uchiha screamed.

"YOU DID THIS! I'M GONNA KILL YOU, DOBE!" he roared, charging after the now laughing uzumaki.

"Wait, do I still get my date?"

"LATER