Bedtime.

Word Count: 1036in

Ooc sasuke

Your eyes felt tired after all the straining and typing on the computer screen for hours. A little bit more, you thought and soon you would be finished . 

A couple of minutes passed by and you felt your eyes drooping. You gave yourself a little shake and smiled, pressing a mug between your lips. You smelled caffeine in the air, feeling the warm liquid running down your throat. It didn't help with the slumber cooking in your very body.

I probably need more coffee.

You pushed the mug beside your computer on the table and set your fingers once more on the keyboard. You tied your hair into a pony tail as you read each word. The clock ticked beside you, singing a lullaby. 

"I think you should go to bed," Sasuke said, coming in a , stopping beside your chair. He gave your shoulders a squeeze and gently tugged on your arm.

" Come on, let's go to bed," He said, trying to persuade you. You chuckled feeling his stubble on the nape of your neck, his lips gently brushing against it.

"Just a little bit more, sasuke, then I'll join you. Okay?"

" But sakura, I can't sleep without you. You know that right?" He asked you with a pout. His head now rested on your lap, his eyes peering at you under those dark strands. His arms slowly wrapped themselves around your waist.

" A few more minutes, I promise," You told him, caressing his hair and smiling warmly at the boy who only smiled in response. 

" You promise okay?" He asked once more as he looked up into your green eyes. He edged his face closer until you felt his hot breath. Warm lips met yours in an instant and you felt him smile against your lips.

You closed your eyes and kissed him back. His kiss was gentle and soft against yours. He stood up slowly, not leaving your lips but pulled you closer to him. When suddenly you remembered and your eyes shot up, your arms holding him at a distance.

He only chuckled and nodded.

"Okay, okay, I won't distract you anymore. I'll wait," sasuke said, walking away, sitting on the left side of your bed. He grabbed a magazine from the bedside table and began browsing through it. 

He checked the clock and only noticed that he was already bored by the 5th minute but he would try. He would try to be patient, knowing that you need to finish whatever it was that you were writing.

He wanted to be patient for you and you could see his efforts though very little, you appreciated it. You knew that it was hard for someone like Sasuke to be patient...

Sasuke only chuckled to himself as he saw your head drop every now and then. You would shake yourself awake every time but often failing. He continued to peer through the magazine, fixing his eyes on you. 

He watched you intently as you worked when suddenly your head dropped backwards. The chair that you sat on didn't have any backrest and you were falling.

Sasukes body shot up. Within an instant, he caught you and you fell right into his arms. Your body was limp, your back resting against his clad chest. He looked down upon your face and smiled. Your soft snores filled the air as sasuke carried you to the bed.

He gently laid you down, making sure you were in a comfortable position. He adjusted the pillow under your head and proceeded to take off your slippers. 

The bed soon dipped. SAsuke was about to turn off the lights when he laid eyes upon the sleeping figure beside him. He propped himself up on one elbow and gently took off your glasses, placing it on the bedside table. His hand caressed your cheek, his thoughts beginning to blur with slumber.

He didn't turn off the lights, for he didn't want another argument to start out later in the middle of the night. You hated the dark; it frightened you the most. Some nights would be filled with constant bickering and even though he didn't say it, he hated upsetting you.

His eyes rested upon your face, his hand still resting upon your cheek. He gently pressed his lips onto yours for a goodnight kiss. You had forgotten to give it to him. 

" I love you," He whispered into your ear.

Sasuke pulled the covers over both of you and faced the side of the wall. He tossed and turned in bed, trying to go to sleep. He couldn't sleep with the lights turned on after all. 

A tap on his shoulder made him turn around.

"Why didn't you turn off the lights?"

"I didn't want us to fight, I can sleep with them on," He said, trying to convince you but you saw the circles under his eyes and you knew that he was lying.

You smiled at his efforts and moved closer to him, burying your head in his chest. He soon engulfed you in a hug as your hands made their way to his chest. You stayed that way, just enjoying the warmth radiating from each other when you spoke up.

"You can turn it off now, I'm not afraid," You said, looking up at him. His eyes met yours in a surprise.

" Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, I'm not scared anymore, knowing that you'll always be here by my side."

He smiled and kissed your forehead. He didn't know what made you think otherwise but he was happy for he had your trust.

"Then, I promise, I won't leave you," He said.

There weren't any monsters at all that night or ugly goblins in the dark. You rested peacefully with sasukes arms around you, knowing that he would never leave your side. He would always be there for you no matter what and this night was just the start.

This night was the start of a great relationship ahead