A Warrior's Welcome.

Mipha glided through the castle, having only one thing on her mind. Link. She knew that he had a room somewhere in the huge fortress that was Hyrule Castle. All she wanted to do was congratulate her best friend for becoming the Princess's appointed knight, it was such a big deal!

The rest of the champions had arrived either during the night or early that morning. She had bumped into Urbosa who was looking for the Princess, they had a small chat for a few minutes about the Yiga clan but soon they parted to find the people they wanted to see.

Finally, Mipha found the door she was looking for. There was a small gold plaque on the door, ingraved with the words 'Master Link's Private Chambers'. She chuckled at the thought of her best friend finally having an official title. Excited, she knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

Link, who had been getting dressed for the ceremony later that day, opened the door slowly. Before he could even see who it was, Mipha's arms were around his shoulders and she had him in a breathtaking hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Link! The Hylian Champion!"

Link wiggled out of the hug and smiled at his childhood friend.

"It's a bit overwhelming..." Link admitted quietly.

"Have you tried on your new tunic?" She squealed.

He shook his head only for Mipha to roll her eyes and push herself into his new room to check it out. Her jaw dropped.

"Did the King give you such a nice room? It's nearly as glorious as the Princess's room"

Link nodded and looked around again, it still amazed him.

After a few minutes, Mipha realized he had to change and that he didn't want to be rude and kick her out.

"Oh," she exclaimed. "See you this afternoon" and she skipped out.

With her gone, Link finally slipped on his new blue Champions Tunic. It was really comfortable and softer than his old green tunic. He set aside his old green clothes in his wardrobe and buckled the Mastersword on his shoulders.

***

Zelda was in the Library when Urbosa found her.

"So, little bird, what do you think of that young knight of yours?" She put a finger on the book in Zelda's hand and pushed it down as she spoke, ending with a wink.

Zelda sighed and stated blandly, "He's a soldier, and is very skilled, but never speaks" she pulled the book back up only for Urbosa to pull it out of her hands and throw it onto the table on the side.

"That's not what I meant." She smiled cheekily.

Zelda sighed again. "What do you want?"

"What is he like? Is he kind? Nice? Sexy?" Urbosa winked again.

"I don't really know, we haven't spent any time together"

"That's not a great way to make friends, now is it little bird?" Urbosa pouted.

Zelda looked up at her mother-figure and frowned innocently up at her before leaving the library to get ready for the ceremony.

***

Link entered the ceremony hall in his Champion Tunic to a huge reception of the royal guard and all the champions, including Zelda...

He had failed to see her beauty before as he was too concerned with him being called 'boy'.

She looked absolutely gorgeous, her hair cascading down her back in her blonde locks. Her gown was perfectly fitted to her figure and her golden tiara was sparkling on the top of her head. Link, being the silent knight he was, didn't let this show on his face and kept silent.

"Welcome warriors! I'd like to thank you for joining me here today and your bravery in accepting this ... Fateful task. I officially appoint you Hyrule's champions and bestow upon you this sacred garb" Link knew he meant the champion's clothes that he had given to each of the champions. "The blue is a symbol of the royal family, one that has been passed down for countless generations. Those garments you now wear were all crafted by my daughter, Zelda." Link was in shock, she had made these magnificent clothes? "Zelda, I trust you with the task that only a daughter of the royal family can fulfill." Zelda bowed her head, "Lead our champions, Princess. And together, protect our kingdom from the threat of Calamity Ganon." And with that, the ceremony was over.

Dad would be so proud of me, Link thought...

He looked over at the other champions, to see what clothes they had chosen.

Urbosa had a skirt in the royal blue if his own tunic as well as the others. It was cut in the way a traditional Gerudo skirt was fashioned. On in, there was the white symbol of the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Link didn't even know her name but knew that she was the Gerudo cheif.

Mipha had a royal blue sash over her shoulders where she usually would have had her rope. Just like Urbosa, it had her beast on it, her one was the Divine Beast Vah Ruta.

Revali had a royal blue scarf with his own beast on it, exactly like the others. This one was the Divine Beast Medoh. Link didn't like the looks of this bird, though he didn't know his name, he didn't trust him, not with that smug smile.

Finally, there was Daruk, he had a sash, like Mipha's and had the Divine Beast Rudania on it. This guy was the complete opposite of Revali, according to Link. He still didn't know the name but he knew that Mainly all gorons were loyal and jolly.

Everyone filled out of the hall and went back to their duties in the castle. Link knew he had to make some friends if he was here to stay so he decided to follow the other champions down to the fields. It wasn't over yet...