Sworn Brothers.

When Link and Zelda had arrived, They took as many Fire Resistant Elixir so that they wouldn't burn to death in the harsh climate of Death Mountain.

Daruk had been sent word of their visit and was waiting for them, practically buzzing with excitement to meet Link again. Though he hadn't brought up the subject before, he wanted to see Link in action. He had heard of the Green Ranger that had been protecting the land of Hyrule for years and Daruk had been waiting to see his true skill.

The Gorons in general were a respected race that didn't tolerate prejudice. Both the women and men were judged the same. You would climb the ladder of respect by your skill. You could best the highest ranking Goron in the city at any age and be given his respect. This was why Link had grown into a frenzy, the closer they got to Goron City. In that city, he could finally earn the respect he deserved, and no one would argue just because of his age.

***

Daruk brought Link into a crushing hug leaving him breathless and hunched over. Zelda shook his mighty hand in a royal manor before Daruk showed them to the inn.

Daruk showed Zelda to where the Goron cheif was housed and led them inside.

You would think that when a place that is beyond roasting hot to the point of which you need to use an elixir that it couldn't feel hotter. Apparently, Zelda and Link had thought so before they entered the Goron cheif's house.

Zelda and the cheif struck up a conversation about the Mountain and the possibility of allowing research teams from the royal castle to dig inside the mountain.

Daruk led Link out of the house and they began to walk along the road leading outside the city.

"I've heard that you are a master swordsman?" Daruk questioned him, already knowing the answer, but still asking for the sake of trying to squeeze a response out of the silent knight.

Link nodded, "I've heard that you are the best Warrior the Gorons have to offer"

Daruk squealed! It was like a fangirl that had just been kissed by her celebrity crush.

"Wanna be my brother?" Daruk burst out all of a sudden.

Link knew what that meant. He accepted.

***

Link stood Infront of the three scariest looking Gorons he had ever seen. They were warriors and they knew it. Daruk was off to the side of the competition area and had a huge smile plastered on his face.

"So, you think you have what it takes to become a brother of the Gorons? You think you've got the guts?" The middle Goron bellowed.

Link nodded sternly.

"Well then..." The Goron smiled warmly, losing his harsh posture. "Let the test begin!"

***

Link was going head to head with at least ten of the huge Goron warriors, all wielding their massive stone hammers. Link had the Mastersword in hand and had a look of determination on his face.

Daruk looked on in awe as Link finished the last of the Goron challenges with little to no effort at all.

The head Goron that was leading the game, got up from the ground and wiped the sweat off his brow.

He looked at Link and stuttered "Woah, I've never seen a Hylian outmatch our Goron warrior group before! You are the most skilled warrior we have ever had the privilege to spar with!"

Link smiled with pride and swaggered  back to Daruk who looked as though he might actually kiss Link out of pure impulse.

"Well done... Brother..."

Link knew his father was smiling down on him from somewhere in heaven. Brothers with the Gorons, that's no easy feat! And finally earning respect for his skills!

Link and Daruk talked all the way back to Goron City. Daruk pressed Link for stories of his time as a ranger. Link finally felt as though he has a true friend so he accepted his brother's request for his adventure stories. they talked for hours before they found the inn again...