Law and Order.

Zelda and Link started to hand out the parchments witch held the newest Hyrulian laws. Each and every member of the council had their own opinion on the matter. The Lords were confused as to why there were laws missing.

"Princess... With all due respect, it seems as though you have forgotten a few..." One spoke up after everyone was done whispering to each other.

"No, I believe that is all..." She cocked an eyebrow, hoping they wouldn't question it.

"But you have forgotten the marriage laws..." He spoke up again.

Zelda sighed and closed her eyes in frustration, "That is intentional..."

She paused a while to let it sink in. It wasn't long before a few started to laugh. Zelda and Link exchanged an uncomfortable look, knowing this wasn't going to end well...

"Whatever do you mean, Princess?" Another member piped up.

"I mean," Zelda started, straightening herself up and holding her head high, "The laws on marriage for princesses are no longer!"

Everyone went quite, some still puzzled while some seemed to cower under her threatening tone.

"Me, and every princess that comes after me, will not be bound by these laws on how to marry!" She glared around at all those who still held smiles from laughter.

"But princess," another rather shy fellow squeaked, "this has always been the tradition..."

"I am aware of that." She said with a sly grin.

The council was there to advise her, not directly question her. As important their role was, they still held no power over their princess. Zelda's word was final. The kingdom had gone a century without a ruler and the land was thrown into chaos. Zelda had already proven that she was strong enough to unite her lands and to improve the kingdom. The last thing she needed was a snobbish husband who would trump her authority and bring the kingdom back  to its old ways, undoing all of her work!

***

"Good...Good..." The wind mage smiled wickedly, tapping the side of his stone throne.

Cia had finished retelling all that Lana had told her. She told Vaati all of Zelda's plans because Lana was compelled to help her sister by some sort of magic. As much as her conscious told her not to, the magic Cia had placed on her made Lana tell her everything!

"The princess has already begun to rebuild her castle and she now has the complete support of every army in Hyrule! How is that good?!" Cia snapped, her hands balled up into fists.

Vaati looked down to the sorceress and cocked an eyebrow. Was she really that small minded? He threw his head back and laughed long and hard, making Cia take a step back with uneasiness.

"Are you so blind, woman?" He spat through his chuckles, "She has an army... So do we..." He trailed off with a broad smile, showing of his white pointy teeth.

***

Zelda was practically buzzing with excitement as she walked down the halls. The work had finally started! After the many months of her being back, finally, construction in the castle  had finally come.

Holes in the walls were being patched up. Men and women went around with brooms, cleaning up the last of the rubble. Others went about wiring the walls up with the new technology Purah and Robbie had invented.

Zelda was overlooking repairs of hole on the castle wall when she felt someone touch her shoulder.

"Beautiful, isn't it..." The man behind her purred into her ear.

Zelda tensed up at his touch and his voice sent a shiver down her spine. His hand was lightly resting on her shoulder but his thump drew circles on her clothes.

"You are quite a prize, aren't you, Zelda?" He purred, this time coming to her side and snaking his arm round her waist.

She was frozen. It was one of the Lords in her council. He just had the audacity to call her Zelda and not Princess! He had the audacity to touch her!

"If we were to stand together, there would be nothing we can't-" he purred again, but this time, Zelda had had enough.

Link came round the corner and was just in time to see Zelda and the Lord. He was practically whispering into her ear and she looked scared. His arm was round her waist and was trying to pull her closer.

Suddenly, Zelda furrowed her eyebrows. In one swift move she pushed him off her and elbowed him in the chest, winding him.

Everyone in the hallway stopped and looked at the scene, seeing the man fall to the ground, rubbing his chest. Zelda looked down at him before turning to Link.

She shook her head and got rid of the anger on her face, smiling up at him. She walked towards him and they both walked down the corridor, disregarding all the looks Zelda was given.

Link had to fight to keep his broad smile contained as he wrapped his own arm around Zelda's waist. This time, she didn't tense up nor did she freeze. She got closer to him as they walked down the corridor.

The Lord had recovered by this time and looked up in time to see the princess's appointed knight wrap an arm round her waist. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw that it looked like they had done this before. Even worse, it looked like she enjoyed it!

"What was all that about?" Link cocked an eyebrow at her when they were out of hearing range.

"Oh, you know, some stuck up Lord trying to get me to marry him, what else?" She joked as they rounded a corner together.